SAM KSteel & Kimsteel...................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are they made by same manuf.? I played on a Kimsteel years ago and it was a really good playing table. Now i see tables listed as SAM Ksteel. Just wondering if made by same outfits.
 
Are they made by same manuf.? I played on a Kimsteel years ago and it was a really good playing table. Now i see tables listed as SAM Ksteel. Just wondering if made by same outfits.

I asked a similar question a few years ago and I THINK some said yes.
 
Did a little 'net searching and found that Tony Kim(Ksteel)'s company was based in Germany. Don't know if factory was in Ger. or not. Current maker SAM is a big outfit based in Spain. I don't know but it kinda looks like SAM made them all along or Tony sold the rights to SAM at some point. Helluva table for the money. Parts avail. has always been an issue but maybe now with the AZ'r(beneath the sur) in Houston selling them that will change.
 
Coolest thing about the Kimsteel barbox was that the entire table top tilted up, for access to the inside body of the table. I've played on Kimsteel tables many times...7', 8' and 9'...very solid playing tables.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
 
Coolest thing about the Kimsteel barbox was that the entire table top tilted up, for access to the inside body of the table. I've played on Kimsteel tables many times...7', 8' and 9'...very solid playing tables.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I agree, top quality back then ( 90's). Only place I've ever seen / played was at a local hall owned by a korean. ( kim) Steele I always guessed it was an Asian thing lol

Btw, played tougher than the gc3s everwhere. I didn't care for cause they were drop pockets.
 
I agree, top quality back then ( 90's). Only place I've ever seen / played was at a local hall owned by a korean. ( kim) Steele I always guessed it was an Asian thing lol
Better watch it. The thought-police will nail you on some sort of profiling beef.
 
I thougjt they were korean too.

I agree with those befor me: super solid tables.

Guys and dolls in roanoke had them. There are vids on youtube of a tournament on them. I think it is 1995...definitely 1p n may have been a grady tournament.
 
Back
Top