Saskatchewan

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I bet that there are nothing but a bunch of Flatland Bums in Sask that couldn't put a ball in a pocket if their lives depended on it.

Probably all Novice VNEA players too.

Maybe one guy in Saskatoon and I'm not even sure about him

I know that the Native players are pretty good, I'm just talking about the Pale face players.

Its hard to get a game in Regina. The Mexican keeps shutting the hall down early.

The only hall in Regina is going to become a furniture store soon I hear. Thats ok, Jose will look good wearing a dress.

I have to admit, there is one guy in Regina that plays pretty sporty, if you can catch him before the 3rd bucket.

I watched that Terry guy play Scotch last night. He played like it was the first time he picked up a cue. His wife made more balls than he did.
Probably because he was using a fancy schmancy Meucci.

Last edited:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I know that the Native players are pretty good, ....

Larry, Mike, Glen, Jason, and a pickup Clint, otherwise known as the Blackeyed Crees :thumbup: won the VNEA Open 8 Ball in Vegas this year ... ya the boys can play pretty good.

Dave <-- always happy to be the last white guy standing in any tournament

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Last time there was a good player in Saskatchewan was when some guy in medicine hat took a wrong turn and accidentally crossing the border from Alberta.

That was just an average Albertan, not a regular player :p

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
No, not drunk Lewis.

The Sask boys know who I'm talking about.

In case you hadn't figured it out. I'm the Terry guy who couldn't play worth a crap the other night.

It was just a tease.

Dave, I think the Black Eyed Crees is a great name.

Was just teasing Dave as he is one of Saskatoons stronger players.

DaveK

Silver Member
Was just teasing Dave as he is one of Saskatoons stronger players.

:eek: I'm luck to be in the top 50 players in Saskatoon. So many have simply quit or been kicked out ... guys like Joey Bas. (booted), Vance (no time to play I suspect), etc. etc. Then the boys from Duck Lake, PA, and North Battleford come to town. It was good to see Ray Carter at provincials, another who rarely plays these days but can kick my ass anyway.

Here, how the boys (myself included) faired this year :

http://www.firestaramusements.ca/league/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=82:advanced&Itemid=738

Dave <-- has Terry fooled :thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Its the same with Brad Poorman. Always a pleasure to watch play. He shows up for the odd tourney and some snooker but in hiding for the most part.

If I could shoot 1/2 as well as Brad, I'd be a happy man.

And of course, I get to play Perry Cote at least once a week. Hes ok as he gives me the odd mercy game.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
I must be losing my edge, neither of you guys jumped to defend Saskatchewan's honor after my friendly barb.

:)

chadsens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buckets? Did I hear buckets? Hey Dave is Joey Bas still in toon town? Last time I seen him he was chokin Quinton during a match in Regina.... quite a few moons ago. Had lots of fun with him back in the day. Terry we can make a fair game.... I'll spot you 2 buckets.... :thumbup:

DaveK

Silver Member
Buckets? Did I hear buckets? Hey Dave is Joey Bas still in toon town? Last time I seen him he was chokin Quinton during a match in Regina.... quite a few moons ago. Had lots of fun with him back in the day. Terry we can make a fair game.... I'll spot you 2 buckets.... :thumbup:

Ya, I ran into Joey a few weeks back. He is banned from all the pool halls around so he doesn't play anymore. He was into poker but iirc his temper ended that too. I never had any issues with him but have certainly heard of a bunch. I play on a VNEA team with Quintin and Daryl and they have stories :eek:

Dave

DaveK

Silver Member
The Crees played good to beat the Calgary team

Another guy on my team watched them play, said they were playing great pool. We play these guys regularly, so I trust Mikes opinion. Sounds like they really rose to the occasion, good for them !

Was it the Calgary team they played in the final ?

Dave <-- has lost several matches to Calgary teams, same dudes twice :mad: this year in Edmonton when in the last and deciding game I went 3-rails for shape on the 8 and landed in the 2-rail corner:embarrassed2:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
It was Mojo
I think they came second...
Might have been third though.
One of the Guys on that team won the 8 ball singles (Andy Chau)

chadsens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a solid team Dave.... I've known Daryl 20 or more years.... Quinton maybe a dozen or so years.... both great guys and great players as well.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I must be losing my edge, neither of you guys jumped to defend Saskatchewan's honor after my friendly barb.

No, because I thought you were telling the truth James. Hahaha, it was a good one tho.

Chad, yer going to spot me two buckets. Thats still a losing proposition unless I buy you 3 buckets before we start. And even at that, its still a little lop sided.

Just so you guys know, if you ever visit Regina and drink Molson Canadian, Chad is a beer stealer. You have to keep an eye on your bottle.

Should come down for the odd Saturday Chad. Only about 6 show up now a days in the summer.

Dave, I was planning on being at Pacific in June but attended a good friends fathers funeral that day.

Will have to keep you posted on the plans for the Regina, Saskatoon back and forth. If I get any more info from Chris, I will pass it on. I seriously hope this one works out. It would be like the Riders, Blow Bombers Labor day Classic.

Last edited:

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was Mojo
I think they came second...
Might have been third though.
One of the Guys on that team won the 8 ball singles (Andy Chau)

We ended up coming third.:frown:

Black Eyed Crees showed a lot of heart. I think we had them down in the A final 38 balls or so with 10 games remaining. We had 7 of the last 10 breaks and came up dry or scratched on 6 of them, they ran all 6 I think. Great players and great team chemistry, I'm glad they snapped it off!

BTW it was Andy Chou who won the open regular, he played lights out!