SBE 2022 | Are You Going??

BillCurran2020

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does everyone feel about this year's Super Billiard Expo? Are you attending, not attending, or undecided??

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Attending - will be a long week. Used to go to Drexeline Billiards at least once during the expo - looks like they closed down from COVID. What pool hall near the expo is recommended that has 9ft tables?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Attending - will be a long week. Used to go to Drexeline Billiards at least once during the expo - looks like they closed down from COVID. What pool hall near the expo is recommended that has 9ft tables?
They closed because the shopping center was sold to build a Wawa and all the tenants were kicked out. And the windup is the Wawa plan was made 5 years ago, and has been stuck in red tape since. So half the center sits vacant. This was all pre-C.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They closed because the shopping center was sold to build a Wawa and all the tenants were kicked out. And the windup is the Wawa plan was made 5 years ago, and has been stuck in red tape since. So half the center sits vacant. This was all pre-C.

Did not know that. Where would you recommend to go that is close to the Expo with 9ft tables?

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did not know that. Where would you recommend to go that is close to the Expo with 9ft tables?
Markley billiards.
About 25 minutes from the Expo Center.
9-9 foot Gold Crowns
4-7 foot Diamonds.
They get pretty busy during Expo week.
Call them to check their hours during that week.
They usually extend their hours that week.

BillCurran2020

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob from Drexeline Billiards is doing good though! He was in the office the other day.
In regards to a pool hall near the expo, I see a few others already responded.

Arnolds Family Fun Center is right next to the exp. It's kind of like a Dave N' Busters. They a bar, pool tables, and more if interested. It's extremely close to the expo, so that's why I bring it up.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob from Drexeline Billiards is doing good though! He was in the office the other day.
In regards to a pool hall near the expo, I see a few others already responded.

Arnolds Family Fun Center is right next to the exp. It's kind of like a Dave N' Busters. They a bar, pool tables, and more if interested. It's extremely close to the expo, so that's why I bring it up.
Good to hear. I really liked everything about Drexeline and looked forward to stopping there a day or two during the expo.

The one you mentioned doesn't sound like the type of place I'd want to play at. I found two others that look promising based off pictures, but both looked to be about an hour drive away. I imagine trying to get a table at the Markley place will be pretty tough so might be out of luck this year.

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there on Friday. I've decided to pull the trigger on a Diamond ball washer...hoping they are running a show special

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell Alan to add spots to the Friday seniors tournament and I'll be there. Not going to go for 6 days to do the Amateur Open, make gauranteed 3rd place money working.