Scam Alert: - New member: bmmerlord

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a friendly public service announcement about a new member here "bmmerlord".

He/they responded to my ad looking for a BK Rush - sent me pics of a cue that were obviously stolen from a retail website, then when I told him I wanted the break cue only and not the jump/break, lo and behold he had one of those as well just sitting there ready to ship!

Will only take payment via Paypal F&F, Venmo or Zelle - no posts here and no feedback - stay far away from "Jacks Smith" as he/they are calling themselves.

Nikrnic

They're everywhere on all forums. The easiest time to be targeted is when you post a WTB ad. They steal pictures and then suddenly have every part or piece your looking for. I just let myself get scammed for $300. looking for a vintage steering wheel. Venmo and Zelle have no buyers protection, same as PP friends and family. Always buy the seller. In my case a new member referred me to a friend. Dummy me...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I reported it to the powers that be
and I believe bmmerdouche is no longer a part of this community :) I also shared a few thoughts with him via email that may prove to be anatomically impossible should he try to do them.

chenjy9

This same person tried to scam me too for a Mezz Ignite. Created 2 fake PayPal accounts, including one with an address from Nigeria. Since I paid with CC and via invoice, the funds were put on hold by PayPal and he kept trying to persuade me to confirm receipt first or refund me and resend as F&F. I ended up opening up a dispute after he went radio silent when I called out his location discrepancy and PP refunded me shortly afterwards.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He sent me a text too about a break cue but as soon as I saw he was a new member I ignored him. Figured he was a scammer I would never buy from a brand new member myself without any feedback.

slim123

Just a friendly public service announcement about a new member here "bmmerlord".

He/they responded to my ad looking for a BK Rush - sent me pics of a cue that were obviously stolen from a retail website, then when I told him I wanted the break cue only and not the jump/break, lo and behold he had one of those as well just sitting there ready to ship!

Will only take payment via Paypal F&F, Venmo or Zelle - no posts here and no feedback - stay far away from "Jacks Smith" as he/they are calling themselves.
From what you have posted here, doesn't mean anything, how do you know he is not the retailer. Looking at this with an open mind, he sounds like is is using venues that are legit for the payment methods

Don't judge anyone, because they are new to the site.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what you have posted here, doesn't mean anything, how do you know he is not the retailer. Looking at this with an open mind, he sounds like is is using venues that are legit for the payment methods

Perhaps you didn’t notice the other people who commented in this thread about their interactions with this member? Not judging him because he’s new to the site / judging him because he was trying to rip people (including me) off. Funny how he ceased all communication when I told him that he basically checked all the boxes for a first ballot hall of fame scammer and his ip was in Africa but he had a Kentucky phone number. But yep, I should have just sent him my $579 - you’re right. What was I thinking?

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

I think it's reasonable to assume the worst when someone who is new here with no track record comes on soliciting biz from members posting what they would like to buy in the wanted forum.

You may not agree but this def raises red flags.

Add to all that, the fact that this guy is requesting payments be made in ways where the buyers have no recourse or protection.

I agree with you that we shouldn't judge people solely on the basis that they're new here but in this case there's more aspects to consider and, imo, same as the op apparently feels, those things point heavily towards potential bad endings.

Imo this thread is a good PSA.

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

terpdad

Registered
I can't remember if this is the same guy I tried to buy a red BK Rush from a couple months ago. He responded to all messages w/in 5 minutes until I offered him the full amount he was asking, only difference being PP goods & services instead of F&F. Didn't hear from him after that, so I reached out & offered to pay the minimal Paypal charges. Never heard from him again & never saw a SOLD notation in his listing.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thats just the attitude scammers prey on.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Exactly what a scammer would say...

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scammers and con men prey on the greed of the person they are trying to scam.
Lets say you are looking for a cue or any other item that sells for $500 or so all over the web.
Sammy Scammer says I have one for $300 and the suckers greed makes him send the $300 because it's such a good deal and gets nothing.
A friend of mine that should have known better was looking for a cheap cue.
The one he wanted was $150 everywhere except an obscure Chinese site where it was $75.
He sent the $75 and got nothing.
If it sounds to good to be true it's not.

Now with all that being said we do have some rock solid sellers on here that will from time to time offer a cue at a killer price for whatever reason, they can be trusted.
Cuesblues who I've know for a long time is one.
He lives an hour north of me but if I was 5 states away I would have no problem sending him thousands for a cue and know it would be sent and described honestly.

chenjy9

I think it's reasonable to assume the worst when someone who is new here with no track record comes on soliciting biz from members posting what they would like to buy in the wanted forum.

You may not agree but this def raises red flags.

Add to all that, the fact that this guy is requesting payments be made in ways where the buyers have no recourse or protection.

I agree with you that we shouldn't judge people solely on the basis that they're new here but in this case there's more aspects to consider and, imo, same as the op apparently feels, those things point heavily towards potential bad endings.

Imo this thread is a good PSA.

Best,
Brian kc

Given his interactions with me and a few other members, I would say the scammer has thrown up enough flags to make Minesweeper crash.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Online or offline one has to earn respect and trust. We are allowed to judge one another, and when we feel that someone is too new to the crowd, and we lack sufficient information, we are entitled to withold everything until they deserve approval.

MurrayNevada

"My guess is you are too old to play pool, that's why you hang out online , just waiting for someone to pounce on, i'm not him, cya"

How old is too old to play pool?

chenjy9

Go away, you definitely have too much time on your hands. i don't deal well with keyboard warriors. I've never done anyone wrong, and have no intentions. i spend too much time on the road, playing not doing this old man judgmental bs

My guess is you are too old to play pool, that's why you hang out online , just waiting for someone to pounce on, i'm not him, cya

I got to say, you made yourself look really silly with this response. Too old to play pool? Come on man... that's just all kinds of silly right there and ruined any stance of sensibility.

You mentioned not dealing well with keyboard warriors, so I will give you the best ever you will ever receive on the internet; ignore them. It takes 2 to tango and when you leave the equation yourself, the other party is left looking like a crazy person shouting into the void. If you lack the self-discipline to do that, there is also an ignore feature. By taking the bait and lashing out, you are just as foolish as you probably think the other poster is.

One last nugget of learned wisdom, there are no winners in an internet poo slinging match, only losers.