SCAMMED! Need help from friends in Lexington, North Carolina to find my Schon LTD!

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
FYI two listings on ebay for what appears to be the same cue if I am not mistaken or one of its 11 siblings anyway... ended on 8/6/2012 & 8/25/2012 without being sold... does not appear to have been resisted since...

said to be located in Pennsylvania... but you never know...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrapless-Sc...812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379e4055c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrapless-Sc...286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337b389ab6

Those listings are from thubosky... The origional poster of this thread.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
FYI two listings on ebay for what appears to be the same cue if I am not mistaken or one of its 11 siblings anyway... ended on 8/6/2012 & 8/25/2012 without being sold... does not appear to have been resisted since...

said to be located in Pennsylvania... but you never know...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrapless-Sc...812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379e4055c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrapless-Sc...286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337b389ab6
Way to go Matlock

SiGpOiNtMaN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Scammed Schon LTD Cue

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm a little over an hour and 20mins west of Lexington (Dallas, NC), but I move around a great deal. If I see this particular cue, I'll buzz you ASAP. I hit almost every pawnshop and poolroom between Greensboro and Gaffney, atleast twice a month, just piddling for used cues, etc. Also, I know a super nice guy and fellow AZ'er from Salisbury, and see's alot of cues come/go in that area, I'll put the word out. I have pm'd you my info!

Scott,
Dallas, NC

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm a little over an hour and 20mins west of Lexington (Dallas, NC), but I move around a great deal. If I see this particular cue, I'll buzz you ASAP. I hit almost every pawnshop and poolroom between Greensboro and Gaffney, atleast twice a month, just piddling for used cues, etc. Also, I know a super nice guy and fellow AZ'er from Salisbury, and see's alot of cues come/go in that area, I'll put the word out. I have pm'd you my info!

Scott,
Dallas, NC

Yea thanks, what i you do see it and let me know..do I just call the cops an they will go and get him or do I need to make a police report in my hometown? Anyone have any ideas?? I don't want him to be able to walk because they didn't have a police report or not enough evidence..

And yes I tried selling the stick on eBay and then posted it on Craigslist where this scum bag contacted me.

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i would do if you have not done so already is file a police report in the zip code where you sent the cue... contact the postmaster for the same zip, file a mail fraud claim... email detailed photos to every pawnshop & pool hall in north Carolina, and move on to bars and librarys most Will post on the bulletin boards for nothing, no questions asked...

nvrquit

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that sucks.....I'm sorry to read this. Lexington is over 3 hrs from me in TN but I'll certainly try to watch out for it. Hopefully some good AZers in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, or Charlotte can help be on the lookout at more local pool halls and pawn shops.

These kind of deals are tough to navigate, but imo there's always got to have someone driving the train. He wanted your cue, so the bow should've come for inspection first before the cue even went out. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Hope the postmaster gets him......that will not be fun for him.

You should also put this info in the 'Stolen Cues' sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Best of luck recovering it.
Sean
Yes if you have something for sale and someone wants it, they send the trade item first. Way too easy to just say you have a trade and just never mail it. Better yet have a recognized person act as escrow. If they won't do that, then it was a scam all along.

Bohemian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds lik you have enough information for the cops to find him IF you file a police report in that zip code, which you can do by phone... your cue is one of 12 and only 1. looks exactly like yours.

Last edited:

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-----

I don't think it was his real name, Rusty Cannon, but he did say he was selling a predator sneaky Pete the old ones, with the green veneers and pre-cat shaft I believe. And I searched for it on Craigslist with his cell number and found that it said it was deleted. It did say though the town was Thomasville, North Carolina. So I'm thinking that is his real town.

Rusty Cannon may sound like a made-up name, but Rusty is a popular nickname for Russell. You might have better luck using Russell Cannon. Good luck recovering your cue...I know what it's like to be scammed on CL.:frown:

a503

Banned
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
At least it's rare, and that should increase the odds of being able to recover it. Sorry to hear about your loss. That's a beautiful cue. It's a rather expensive lesson to learn, I had a similar instance with a non pool related item, and have never shipped anything cl related since. I also don't send paypal gifts, I don't care how high your itrader rating is.

I wish you the best of luck finding your cue, I'll keep an eye out to see if it makes it's way west (If I was selling a stolen cue, I'd try to ship it ELSEWHERE) If he's anywhere close to intelligent, my thoughts are he'd be trying to sell it overseas..

Best of luck sir. Hope this story has a happy ending.

Poolsmith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This guy must still be near the Lexington area to pick the cue up there. I found a Rusty Cannon in Lexington, NC at 2258 E US Hwy 64 on 411.com. On peoplefinders.com it lists some of his relatives. One is Angela C. Wishon who is also Angela C. Cannon according to USA-people-search.com.

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
As if this wasnt obvious already. Fake name, Dummy address, Likely a disposable dummy prepaid phone. The guys good. Pretty sick.

Hopefully you can just get lucky and the cue will pop up some where. Doubt he's likely to sell it local. He's probably just drifting and not even from the area. It's possible.

I feel your pain though. I got burnt for $600 on ebay buying an auto part in which the guy kept the part and my money. Still dealing with that now. Best of luck sir.

Thanks,
Josh Hillard

jeff71770

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 239419

Figured I'd post this in the for sale thread just in case the stick comes about for sale.

I posted an add on craigslist to sell my wrapless Schon LTD. And I said that I would consider trades for a new bow for archery.

Well I got talking to a guy in Lexington, NC and he was originally going to purchase my pool cue. But then we got talking about hunting and how I was looking to buy a new bow and that he had a Mathews bow that he would trade for my Schon.

I had great contact with him for a few days and I shipped out the cue Friday express mail. Thought he was doing the same, but when I called for my tracking number his phone was turned off.

He called himself Rusty Cannon. And he has an I.D. with that name on because the lady at the post office had to check it to give him the package. They didn't have cameras though, but she said he was an olive complection. And when he talked to me he had the biggest southern accent you can think of.

I also googled the address and the house is for sale there. It's on zillow. 113 Arbor Drive, Lexington, NC 27292

I don't know if maybe someone would recognize the stick if they saw it in a pool hall or bar in the area and maybe give me information to get the guys real name and everything to get him arrested or just to get something done about it. It's a rare Schon LTD wrapless so chances are its the guy who stole it if you see t

Last edited:

anna1173

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can help

I was looking up info on Rusty Cannon as well. I have been dating this guy for several months. But NOT anymore! One scam after another. I would love to talk to Thubosky!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I was looking up info on Rusty Cannon as well. I have been dating this guy for several months. But NOT anymore! One scam after another. I would love to talk to Thubosky!

jeeezus az billiards has more drama than early afternoon network tv.

subscribed.

good luck getting your schon back.

best,
brian kc