Schmelke purple heart break cue review

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the key features are
  1. The whole cue butt and shaft are made from purple heart wood (very dense). https://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/schmelke/schmelke_break--all-purpleheart.htm
  2. This cue was offered with a white butt cap and joint (phenolic style) with gold rings.
  3. You can custom order a version of this cue any way you would like.
  4. This cue is was advertised adjustable 18-21 oz (mine is 19.5).
  5. The shaft comes 13.5 mm with a phenolic tip ferule combo.
  6. This cue was advertised for $169.00 (free shipping) and made it to my door in four days.
Takeaways
  • The material, fit finish and value (what you are getting for your money) is a bargain to say the least. MADE IN THE U.S.A
  • Most cues at this price point are painted mystery wood (not purple heart or bocote wood) from over seas.
  • I purchased mine from Billiard Warehouse. They answered any and all questions by email quickly. A+
Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-07 6.28.14 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-07 6.28.14 PM.png
    532.1 KB · Views: 12

terpdad

Registered
Other than being a good value, what do you think of it? How does it break? Can you feel/see a difference between the PH shaft & a maple shaft?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than being a good value, what do you think of it? How does it break? Can you feel/see a difference between the PH shaft & a maple shaft?

So the cue breaks great! I did not give that info because it's so subjective. The purple heart shaft is tapered nicely and feels high quality in my hands.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the cue breaks great! I did not give that info because it's so subjective. The purple heart shaft is tapered nicely and feels high quality in my hands.
Then your post is not a review, rather it's an advertisement for Schmelke. A book review, a movie review, any review is by nature subjective because it consists of the author's opinion of the thing under review.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then your post is not a review, rather it's an advertisement for Schmelke. A book review, a movie review, any review is by nature subjective because it consists of the author's opinion of the thing under review.

No. I reviewed the product with an accurate description. A quality, affordable American made cue.

I have added several reviews to contribute to this forum. Some very detailed and some very short. If you have any additional questions about what I purchased just ask me.

If you would like to discount what I have written or explain to me what words mean please feel free to PM me.

Or just contribute something of value yourself.