Schmelke...

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered 2 Schmelke with flat laminated 3/8-10, the shafts are really on the whippy side at 13MM but well finished and the pins joints are significantly offset in the butts, butts are well finished too but all in all I'm deceived of these 2 cues.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 all wood butt models with custom dimensions, model change nothing, the butts are very well finished but with offset pins they are garbage for me.

Pfs896

Have 3 Schmelke's plus a flat laminate shaft, all straight and true. One had the wrong tip. Schmelke made it right. Very happy with the cues and the company.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just made a right report on 2 Schmelke cues no more, the cues are straight and well finished, the shafts are very whippy and the pins joint are offset.
I ordered the joints at .850 3/8-10 in prevision to screw other shafts on but the pins are too much offset to do that.
Take what you want in these review and no I did not call Schmelke to let know that I don't like how they fit their joints.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just made a right report on 2 Schmelke cues no more, the cues are straight and well finished, the shafts are very whippy and the pins joint are offset.
I ordered the joints at .850 3/8-10 in prevision to screw other shafts on but the pins are too much offset to do that.
Take what you want in these review and no I did not call Schmelke to let know that I don't like how they fit their joints.
Well than I take nothing away from your thread... except you would rather complain than work things out. 10-4!

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, if you buy a Predator or Cuetec or Mezz.... the pins joint are offset and you can't buy others shafts from them that will fit flush?

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I have a Cuetec SVB cue and reorder others 15K shafts, they will need to be fitted properly??

norest

Registered
Schmelke started selling a carbon fiber shaft called Richochet on their website. I'm not sure if it's their own shaft or if it's made by someone else. The starting price is $340; however, that doesn't include a tip on the shaft. As soon as you select a tip the price goes up by $25 for the standard tip (Ignite Medium) and more for other tips. I'm curious if anyone has tried it yet. I would also be curious if there is a Richochet carbon fiber break shaft with 13ish mm tip. I only see the 12.5mm .

Whole cue options with carbon fiber are still a long way from where they should be. Meucci is the only brand that I know where you can pay an up-charge and receive credit on their wood shaft toward the more expensive carbon fiber. On Budget Billiards it's a $276 up-charge for the Carbon Pro and they match the joint to any of their new cues. $276 is within $10 of the full retail price difference of a Black Dot vs Carbon pro shaft when purchased separately. They give you almost full retail value credit for the shaft you are not buying when upgrading.. what a concept. I don't have the Meucci carbon pro shaft but I give them all the credit in the world for this purchasing flexibility.

Last edited:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
The starting price is $340; however, that doesn't include a tip on the shaft. As soon as you select a tip the price goes up by $25 for the standard tip (Ignite Medium) and more for other tips.
Are they really selling a shaft without a tip? Not even a LePro? Even the cheapest imports come with a tip, no matter how horrible they are.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you going to fix the cue. You will have to fix the shafts too.
I will fix and keep one butt in bocote for a chinese carbon break shaft that I mounted myself, this shaft is 12.9MM X 1.4MM of wall and very very stiff, with a Taom tip it break incredibly. I will sell at low price the other cue in rosewood locally here in the poolroom, I'm from Quebec. I ordered these 2 cues to play temporarily, I wanted 2 shafts and ordered 2 complete cues instead of 1 butt and 2 shafts. These flat laminated are beautiful but really too whippy.
I said temporarily because I'm working by loosing time on project for making my own carbon complete cues and for selling around here.
I ordered 3 shafts and 3 butts blanks from a new contact in china, shafts are 35 inches long and have 19MM at joint, I hope that it will be a good improvement for playing at long distance, I will balance shaft and butt with differents foam density.

terpdad

Registered
Schmelke started selling a carbon fiber shaft called Richochet on their website. I'm not sure if it's their own shaft or if it's made by someone else. The starting price is $340; however, that doesn't include a tip on the shaft. As soon as you select a tip the price goes up by $25 for the standard tip (Ignite Medium) and more for other tips. I'm curious if anyone has tried it yet. I would also be curious if their is a Richochet carbon fiber break shaft with 13ish mm tip. I only see the 12.5mm .

Whole cue options with carbon fiber are still a long way from where they should be. Meucci is the only brand that I know where you can pay an up-charge and receive credit on their wood shaft toward the more expensive carbon fiber. On Budget Billiards it's a $276 up-charge for the Carbon Pro and they match the joint to any of their new cues. $276 is within $10 of the full retail price difference of a Black Dot vs Carbon pro shaft when purchased separately. They give you almost full retail value credit for the shaft you are not buying when upgrading.. what a concept. I don't have the Meucci carbon pro shaft but I give them all the credit in the world for this purchasing flexibility.
I have heard mixed reviews on Schmelke carbons from the same dealer at different times. Not sure if there have been different manufacturers, versions, etc. but I heard the Ricohets are nice. I'm not sure how they would compare to any of the ones some of our fellow AZB-ers make or other smaller company offerings like J&J's Black Arrow, the Snapshot Ion (on eBay), Wheat State, etc.

Also, Seybert's lets you upgrade your shaft on several manufacturers, Predator & Pechauer for sure, maybe others.