Scott Frost challenges the world

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Would you pay to see Scott fight Jake Paul? Maybe have a boxing match and then pool. What would Scott have to give Jake? 12-4?

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if he is a stand up guy he says, " you can stake me if you want in this game but i feel i am an underdog to win the bet".
most players instead will say sure and take the free roll.

but if they need a stake horse in the first place they are a gambling loser. winners have money and are smart enough to not share it with someone else while doing all the work.
you can drum up all kinds of scenarios where not true. but in almost all cases it is.
So basically the only 2 kinds of gamblers in your eyes are losers and nits?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: SBC

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
losers and winners. some losers are the ones that call winners nits, as they dont win or dont have the stomach to gamble and are jealous.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the offers are on the up-and-up, I would say Scott feels like he is playing near his prime. Which is a big statement, considering the names he is calling out. I hope he is on his game.

i haven't seen any evidence of this in many years. he beat lunda or chip in an 8 ahead race some 5 years ago, but other than that?

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
losers and winners. some losers are the ones that call winners nits, as they dont win or dont have the stomach to gamble and are jealous.
It's just you said that winners don't gamble unless they're sure they have the best of it. That's like the definition of nitty. Doesn't take much stomach to gamble when you have an edge.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
It's just you said that winners don't gamble unless they're sure they have the best of it. That's like the definition of nitty. Doesn't take much stomach to gamble when you have an edge.

🙌🏻
Exactly. Actually it’s the definition of a lock artist, which are nits. They’ll even tell you they’ve been called nits but consider themselves “savvy gamblers”.

A player with true gamble is willing to get into the box and “gamble” on a game he feels to be “even” with whomever he’s matching up with at that moment in time, whether that game is with him giving weight to his opponent, getting weight from his opponent or just playing him dead even.

The differentiation of a winner versus a loser is whether he’s intelligent enough to leave his ego out of it and always be honest with himself in his ability level and the ability of whomever he’s matching up with to determine what a truly “even game” is. A player that can do this is the winner consistently.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

A smart gambler gambles to win. I hear you about having heart but a smart gambler isn't playing to prove something, it's a cash transaction. I don't see that as nitty. Chickenshit maybe, but not nitty. Even then if they are gambling it's good bait for those who want to "prove" they are better or good at pool, or whatever mental block they have going on in their own heads.

It's not robbing people at the table, it's the fee for a therapy session. ;)

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago I gambled a lot, too much really. I booked lots a games knowing I was the underdog. My motto was a bad game is better than no game. I'm glad those years are behind me. :)

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
people seem to confuse nit with a winning gambler. if you just play games you think are even or worse as you don't want to be a nit then you will end up being a loser at gambling. if that is your goal so be it.

never said only play when having a lock. but certainly love having a lock. why not. if you dont like a player getting a lock on what he wants to play dont bet with him. simple as that. he may be a nit or not.

in most cases i will bet any amount with almost anyone if i think i have the best of the bet. and bet nothing if i feel i have the worst of it.
and betting with an even gamble is the same as not betting at all as your expectation is to break even. if you dont understand that than you are not a gambler and never will understand.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Geez...this whole nit thing and bad gamblers etc. etc....It really is not that hard to figure out.....

The key to gambling is to tilt the odds in your favor....Black Jack, Poker, Golf, Bowling, Pool....whatever you are gambling on.....If you are any kind of smart you will try and tilt the odds in your favor.

Black Jack, Poker, (any card game) is going to be via math.

For Golf, Bowling, Pool.....any "sport".....the way the "odds" are tilted in your favor is "negotiation".....Why in the world would Scott offer up even games to anyone....These names he threw out are not dumb and they will just negotiate for a spot.....If Scott starts at wanting weight....perhaps he can now get a game where he feels the odds are still in his favor (or at least even money).....It is all in the art of negotiation.

In some cases you may even have to play the role of the nit (in the beginning) if you want to get a game with the right odds.

I am starting to think some of you all walk into the car dealership.....walk right up to the car you want and tell them your top dollar price from the get go.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
of course they pay top dollar or the car dealer might think they are a nit for not buying without a discount.
if they dont then they are inconsistent.

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not robbing people at the table, it's the fee for a therapy session. ;)

I hear you guys, everyone likes to have an edge, but if you won't bet halfway fair games it's not gambling either it's just a job.

I remember a decade or so ago Busty was at Edgies in Milpitas playing anyone that wanted 50 a game all day. Plenty of people lined up for that.

By the end of the night he was hammered drunk on cognac and still taking everyones money. I'm sure he made a couple of grand. Now no one would call him a nit for that, they also certainly wouldn't call it gambling.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you guys, everyone likes to have an edge, but if you won't bet halfway fair games it's not gambling either it's just a job.

I remember a decade or so ago Busty was at Edgies in Milpitas playing anyone that wanted 50 a game all day. Plenty of people lined up for that.

By the end of the night he was hammered drunk on cognac and still taking everyones money. I'm sure he made a couple of grand. Now no one would call him a nit for that, they also certainly wouldn't call it gambling.

that's how some pros do exhibition.. can't blame them

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matching up is just that. If you know you can beat someone with your average game...you should win.

The problem for most is they think about if their best game can beat someone...but you can't consistently bring your top game unless you play really well and are consistent.

It's better to give weight and play down than beat better players even or with weight. Nothing scares off customers more than them knowing you beat some great player once...which is what they will characterize your ability at.

Podunker

I don't know. Seems simple to me. Guy has big balls. That's a lot of money and anybody mentioned in the challenge is a pretty dangerous person. Ain't nobody there is getting nitted.

Scrunge19

Registered
These big money PPV matchups are to pool what “The Match” is to golf. It’s more or less an exhibition to sell tickets/ppv/etc. I’m sure both sides are trying to win, but everyone has made their money long before the first ball is hit.