Scott Lee!

pocketspeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know its has been said on this forum many times before, but let me add my voice to the chorus

SCOTT LEE ROCKS!

i just finished a private lesson with him. in just a few minutes he helped me to see things that i had no clue about. i was a little nervous but he made the whole process very laid back. not only did i learn a lot, but i had a great time doing it.

the drills he taught were very simple, yet will have a dramatic effect on my game. and unlike other drills i have seen, i know i will actually do these.

my 2hr lesson lasted from 630pm to 10pm.

i just cant say enough great things.

if anyone has the chance i would highly recommend taking a lesson from scott.

thanks a lot scott.

brian
banger wannabe

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm happy to hear your positive feedback. My lesson with Scott is next week! Can't wait.

Andy

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alinco said:
I'm happy to hear your positive feedback. My lesson with Scott is next week! Can't wait.

Andy

Been there, done that, and agree. You will have a great time.

Mike

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Been there too.. Scott is the bomb. He is a highly qualified instructor and a very nice gentleman to boot. Glad you enjoyed your lesson!

JBK

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who's scott lee (is he a pro or an instructor), where does he live, how much does he charge and has he won any major tournerments?

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
ioCross said:
who's scott lee (is he a pro or an instructor), where does he live, how much does he charge and has he won any major tournerments?

Scott is a professional instructor. He travels the country doing exhibitions and giving lessons. I have had the honor of teaching classes with Scott, and am pleased to be able to count him on my list of friends. I don't know how many tournaments he has won, and it honestly doesn't matter. If he is working with you, he isn't there to impress you with his shooting skills...he is there to help you improve yours!
You can contact him directly on this forum or with a PM.
Steve

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
Scott is a professional instructor. He travels the country doing exhibitions and giving lessons. I have had the honor of teaching classes with Scott, and am pleased to be able to count him on my list of friends. I don't know how many tournaments he has won, and it honestly doesn't matter. If he is working with you, he isn't there to impress you with his shooting skills...he is there to help you improve yours!
You can contact him directly on this forum or with a PM.
Steve

i was just wondering if he was a pro turned instructor or just an instructor. i've been thinking of getting lessons myself, and i lean more twards instructors over pros anyway. reason being is the pros can charge more because they are a "professional", and being able to do something doesnt nessesarily equate to being able to successfully teach it to someone else.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ioCross said:
i was just wondering if he was a pro turned instructor or just an instructor. i've been thinking of getting lessons myself, and i lean more twards instructors over pros anyway. reason being is the pros can charge more because they are a "professional", and being able to do something doesnt nessesarily equate to being able to successfully teach it to someone else.

Scott is a very good player and a widely known world-class instructor.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
pocketspeed said:
i know its has been said on this forum many times before, but let me add my voice to the chorus

SCOTT LEE ROCKS!

thanks a lot scott.

brian
banger wannabe

Well now this post is exciting, since in approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes Scott will arrive at my house for my lesson. Woohoo!!!!!!

I'll post my opinion after, but not immediately because I think it takes a little while for the results of a lesson to "take".

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
catscradle said:
I'll post my opinion after, but not immediately because I think it takes a little while for the results of a lesson to "take".

You will understand the high praise once you are done with your lesson, no need to wait, you will understand that it will come in time as soon as you are done.

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top Notch!

Scott truly is a world class instructor. His customer service is over the top and he is one heckuva nice guy!

What I got from Scott several weeks ago has made a noticeable improvement in my game and it's finally becoming second nature instead of something I have to think about.

If you're willing to apply yourself afterwards, it is the best investment you can make in your game.

Brian in VA

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Scott is a very good teacher but I hesitate to add my two cents only because I don't want to sully Scott's reputation with my bad playing habits and stubbornness when it comes to doing something a new way.

Bad habits die hard but Scott will do everything he can to put you on the right track. He is a conummate professional and I can't think of anyone who couldn't use his services.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
T-dog said:
You will understand the high praise once you are done with your lesson, no need to wait, you will understand that it will come in time as soon as you are done.

The session with Scott was outstanding, I wore out before he did. :) As I type this he is still in my basement giving a lesson to a friend of mine.
I have been to Randy's Pool School and it was amazing how many old bad habits had creeped back in my game since then. Scott has be back on the right track, now it is in my court to practice as I should to ingrain his (and Randy's) teachings.
I might add that he is a really nice guy too. Even my wife liked him. lol.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having fun in Boston

Steve...I thoroughly enjoyed working with you too. That was fun shooting 14.1 for a while, after we finished. Thanks again for dinner! I had two more very successful lessons, with two other AzB posters today, at Silver Cue Billiards, in Woburn, MA What a nice place to do lessons.Thanks to Mark, the owner, and especially to Keith, for coming in early for me! Tomorrow I meet with more AzB posters. Gosh, I LOVE my job, and I sure meet a heck of a lot of nice people too! LOL

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

Nickelsig229

Registered
I had my lesson with Scott today.

He was a great guy, funny, down to earth, practical and a guys' guy. He quickly identified my faults and showed me my strengths. He showed me the basic techniques to correct my faults.

He showed me simple things that I didn't know even after playing pool for 15 years.

The most impressive thing I took from the session was feeling a good hit. I could tell when the stroke was quality or if I messed it up. That was something I never noticed before and I constantly smiled during the session because when I messed up, I knew exactly what I had done wrong. I could feel it, everyone talks about "feel" but I was never in tune with it.

I can't wait to do the training Scott recommends.

I plan to see him again next time he comes up to the northeast in a few months. Hopefully he can measure my progress and I'll be ready for more advanced work.

Thanks for the impromptu show after the session Scott. I was a hero to all my friends for having you stop bye!

I will not hesitate to recommend Scott to anyone.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone!

I had a blast working with everyone! Had a great opportunity to work some with Joe Tucker, at Rhode Island Billiards, in Providence, Sunday evening. I worked with him, on his stroke; and we shared some teaching tips. I also worked with one of his students, for a couple of hours. Had a great time in NJ today, and I'll be in Manhatten tomorrow, working with a student, and having dinner with Wei, who wants to show me the latest innovations of his Cue Table program. That should be fun! I'll be in Delaware on Wed., and in the Baltimore/Wash. DC area, Thursday through Sunday. Then it's up through PA and across NY, back to MI. What a great trip. I hope I'll be back again soon!

TxBullDog

Registered

SCOTT LEE ROCKS!

i just finished a private lesson with him. in just a few minutes he helped me to see things that i had no clue about. i was a little nervous but he made the whole process very laid back. not only did i learn a lot, but i had a great time doing it.

the drills he taught were very simple, yet will have a dramatic effect on my game. and unlike other drills i have seen, i know i will actually do these.

my 2hr lesson lasted from 630pm to 10pm.

i just cant say enough great things.

if anyone has the chance i would highly recommend taking a lesson from scott.

thanks a lot scott.

brian
banger wannabe
Scott Lee passed away!!! RIP I am shocked and he was such a great instructor. We lost a special man for the sport we all love!