Scrimshaw Cues: Schick, Mottey, Drexler

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hi all,
Here are some special cues from my scrimshaw cue collection, including cues by Bill Schick, Paul Mottey and Paul Drexler.
These cues are some of the “biggest” cues made by these Hall of Famers..
Please feel free to add pictures of scrimshaw cues you have, I would like to see them.

Will Prout

Attachments

• F718442B-10C7-422E-89EE-2ECBDED4A883.jpeg
    F718442B-10C7-422E-89EE-2ECBDED4A883.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 379

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hi all,
Here are some special cues from my scrimshaw cue collection, including cues by Bill Schick, Paul Mottey and Paul Drexler.
Please feel free to add pictures of scrimshaw cues you have, I would like to see them.

Will Prout

Attachments

• 6E3FCAA1-350B-4709-AB71-4886B29B1615.jpeg
    6E3FCAA1-350B-4709-AB71-4886B29B1615.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 202

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Another picture.

WP

Attachments

• 6F3C287A-1AAC-4FF8-B6DC-BCBC49128E32.jpeg
    6F3C287A-1AAC-4FF8-B6DC-BCBC49128E32.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 152

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good Lord Will, those things are masterpieces! Thank you for sharing the photos. 😎

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

Will Prout
I'm assuming you have a direct line to Jake from State Farm? 😁

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome works of art Will, thanks for sharing. I remember seeing a couple of those when you brought them up to Shooter's.

I hope you and the family are doing well and staying safe.

Take Care
-don

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will,

your collection of everything, not just cues, is one of the best I've ever seen.

You know when someone asks "if you could live anywhere where would it be?" I often think: at Will Prout's home! No joke!

You turned my pool playing ways into collecting cues , and since I'm only a strong short-stop, I started taking up working and doing a little business to support my cue collecting habit.

I still drive 20-year old/ $2500 worth Lexus cars, but my cue collection is still worth enough to buy me a brand new Mercedes.
I rather have my babies though...

I dream of one day making a deal with you for that JW made w/ palm tree!

That's my favorite of your whole collection,I think, besides that pointless Searing with that intricate work on the buttsleeve

I hope you're well

I will shoot you a text with my current cues shortly

Best to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Will,

your collection of everything, not just cues, is one of the best I've ever seen.

You know when someone asks "if you could live anywhere where would it be?" I often think: at Will Prout's home! No joke!

You turned my pool playing ways into collecting cues , and since I'm only a strong short-stop, I started taking up working and doing a little business to support my cue collecting habit.

I still drive 20-year old/ $2500 worth Lexus cars, but my cue collection is still worth enough to buy me a brand new Mercedes.
I rather have my babies though...

I dream of one day making a deal with you for that JW made w/ palm tree!

That's my favorite of your whole collection,I think, besides that pointless Searing with that intricate work on the buttsleeve

I hope you're well

I will shoot you a text with my current cues shortly

Best to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Marc,
It is great to hear from you!
Thanks for the kind words.
I remember the first time you came by our home, we incurred a power outage, the first in over ten years. We were using flashlights!
Once this damn COVID gets past us and all settles down, you will have to come back for a Shooters-Olathe tournament and another trip to our home. Many positive changes and additions!

Will Prout

Last edited:

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s a pleasure to get a look at these historic works, Will. Thanks for sharing them with us!!

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice collection!

Just by chance, I was at one of the most recognised scrimshaw-artists of Europe yesterday and had a look onto an Arthur Cue that was just in the making. Pure coincidence, I delivered a custom knive to be scrimmed.

That Arthur Cue would be on the same level. If you want pictures, you would have to address Marcus. I would not dare to take pictures without asking yesterday.

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Nice collection!

Just by chance, I was at one of the most recognised scrimshaw-artists of Europe yesterday and had a look onto an Arthur Cue that was just in the making. Pure coincidence, I delivered a custom knive to be scrimmed.

That Arthur Cue would be on the same level. If you want pictures, you would have to address Marcus. I would not dare to take pictures without asking yesterday.

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard
Hi Gerard,
I know Marcus Dienst and his wife Marianne. They have both been to our home in Kansas City.
Absolutely top-flight couple, the best!
I believe Eva Halat has scrimshawed several cues for Marcus.
Thanks for the note.

Will Prout

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Gerard,
I know Marcus Dienst and his wife Marianne. They have both been to our home in Kansas City.
Absolutely top-flight couple, the best!
I believe Eva Halat has scrimshawed several cues for Marcus.
Thanks for the note.
Will,
Yes, you are right. Marcus and Eva Halat was the combo.
Outstanding piece of art, that I saw there. Only black and white. When Eva told me about the work, that she was about to cary out on all the white inlay boxes - it is going to be one extreme cue.
(sorry, didn't wanted to highjack your thread)
Gerhard

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Will,
I don't get here as often these days but just saw your awesome collection. Thanks for sharing. Since you asked for other examples and another poster had mentioned Arthur Dienst, I thought I'd post this one. It was also done by Eva. Dubbed Icarus, IMO, it is one of her finest work ever done in a cue. I'm sure that you can recall when it debuted. Hope you are doing well.

Paul Case

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 037.jpg