scruggs sneaky pete question

chuck amos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was telling a friend at the local pool hall yesterday about an 80's Scruggs sneaky pete cue that I recently acquired. He said that Tim used regular bar cue's to make his sneaky pete's. T of F ?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
He used over sized Valley's so he could turn them down to even up the points.

I was telling a friend at the local pool hall yesterday about an 80's Scruggs sneaky pete cue that I recently acquired. He said that Tim used regular bar cue's to make his sneaky pete's. T of F ?

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
And I've heard that Tim didn't even make them...Bob Frey and a couple other apprentices did under Tim's supervision. This has been discussed a couple times here.

jwe711

The Great Cue Masters...!
Silver Member
IMO, I don't care who built the blank, or which apprentice done the work!

They are still one of the finest hitting cues on the market!
and, they are worth every penny that it costs to have one!
(well within reason)
I was very fortunate, I picked up 6 really nice sneakies back around 10 years ago...most are mint or near mint...and they all hit the balls GREATER than GREAT!

Yes, they are old house cues...and Frey did produce most of them...but WOW, what a playing cue they built!!!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Not in all cases... but from the 80's, more then likely.

chuck amos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sp

thanks for the responses! It is a great hitting cue. Much darker wood than other sneaky pete's I've seen. It is being refinished by proficient billiards hoping Scott can tell me the wood type

philfrom

Registered
Timmy's sneaky

back in 80's, Timmy and Bob fry made about 5 of these sneakies for me, I would have him or them string the butt, they made great cues for breaking and taking to bars...lol
:D

Last edited: