Searing Cue

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really there was just a big set of threads calling out Tonkin I believe just recently.
He's a typical 2020+ dip shit, ignoring facts that exist and are easily discoverable.

The majority won't invest the time it takes to document dip shit's idiocy, soy he continues a long, a happy idiot.

Meanwhile, we can witness dip shit's hole digging.

smiling_Hans

Not really there was just a big set of threads calling out Tonkin I believe just recently.
He's not really a XYZ maker is he?

I think you know the point I'm making here. People waiting for some good cue builder to screw someone. It's almost like they want someone to be screwed so they can come on here and unleash their unfiltered diatribe.

As far as I know I hope OP gets his stuff back and I am glad magoo got his stuff back but I have my thoughts on Dog the Cue Hunter.

smiling_Hans

He's a typical 2020+ dip shit, ignoring facts that exist and are easily discoverable.

The majority won't invest the time it takes to document dip shit's idiocy, soy he continues a long, a happy idiot.

Meanwhile, we can witness dip shit's hole digging.
Eat your apple sauce and play with your friends at the rec center.

Leave this here for us.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you weren't around for the Eddie Wheat days;)

Pretty much EVERY cue maker, top tier or bottom tier, who has harmed members here has been thrown through the coals. Its not limited to Searing as you claim.

A lot of those threads got remove by the mods as well, when they turned into internet wars.
Who could forget Wheat Bucks? I wish I had some just because..

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
a simple phone call from the maker to let the customer know its going to take longer and by how much longer can sooth a lot of problems as long as he does what he says. and offers to return the cue immediately if he cant keep his schedule.
and customers instead of being starry eyed over a maker, must learn to demand their cue back or deposit back if delays are longer than specified.

Reactions: bbb

mr magoo

Wow, I wrote my follow up story on here for the benefit of the readers.
1-how to reclaim there cue from Mr Searing.
2-No one is holding cues for Ransome. Thats Ridiculous.
Those points were overlooked.
I failed, it turned into a smash bash forum. I was warned.

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
K
Wow, I wrote my follow up story on here for the benefit of the readers.
1-how to reclaim there cue from Mr Searing.
2-No one is holding cues for Ransome. Thats Ridiculous.
Those points were overlooked.
I failed, it turned into a smash bash forum. I was warned.
Correct me if I’m wrong but it looks like you paid 2k to get your cues back. If that’s the case you can’t fault people for saying you paid a ransom.

mr magoo

I put myself in that situation, trying to retrieve my cues from Dennis.
I had to sell it to guy2 OR, pay 2k to gy2, for his effort for receiving the cue from Dennis and shipping to me.
As previously stated guy2 was missled, believing he was buying the cues fom me, therefore asking Dennis for the cues.
Missled by guy1

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow Will, very sorry to hear you're having this experience and I know you to be a gentleman. 14-15 years ago you were helpful with the debacle I had going on which eventually (after 7 years) worked out really well (I think people can still search here for the Searing Border Brothers cues completed in 2011). I saw the mill shortly after it was installed--it is a beauty of a machine. I recall that you owned a nice ebony Searing merry widow but that cue doesn't come close to covering the cost of the mill I saw. I hope somehow Dennis will accept the responsibilty he has with you and make amends. I also hope the OP can have his cue shipped back.

One of the most hilarious situations around the cue business is when I hear people mention being on Dennis' waiting list for a cue build.

From 2013:
deanoc
Who knows why they have such a reputation

if there were a fair way to test them I would bet Schon cues play better

I doubt that most of the people who praise them so highly have ever hit one.

One thing I do know,he told me I was on top of his list over 4 years ago
and then went years without returning my calls, I seriously will put up money to bet that the schon hits better,plays better or is preferred by more people

I would also bet that the Larry Vigus that I play with hasa better finish and hits better too

Pool players like to bet,here is an offer to bet

This is just my offer and is not backed by the manufacturer.

I will also bet my Larry Vigus is hands down better looking,it is now in the cue gallery

please post if anyone wishes to call this bet

dean
NoShow33 said:
I am with you DEANOC. I had been on his his waiting list since about 2004 or sooner. Then about 4 or 5 years ago I had several conversations with Dennis Searing and passed many emails back and forth. I thought all was good and I would be getting my new cue soon. We had discussed veneer colors, points, inlays, etc. We were discussing his new way of doing veneers that were virtually seamless. He even sent me photos of some of the veneer work he was doing at the time.

Then all of a sudden there was silence. No more responding to my emails and no more returning my phone calls. It was as if he had disappeared.

Very piss poor customer relationship from someone that is suppose to be so nice and so tallented.

Bob T.

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Ahhhhh that explains it…Deano has acquired all the S cues and is now having Dennis make Schon tributes which will be released in small batches in the years to come 😆

Totally just foolin…but sometimes a good chuckle is worth its “weight” on the pool table

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Did you just assume our gender identity?
I can care less about anyone's 'gender identity'.....but if I erroneously addressed a lady as a gentleman, they have my most sincere apologies. :)