Set up for Centerfield drill

Stew boo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to set up the centerfield drill that Ralph Eckert teaches. He uses a tailors pen and draws lines on the pool table. I was wondering what kind of tape or marker can you use to mark the borders that won't damage the felt?

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tailor’s chalk pencil, or fabric chalk.

But I don’t use a line, it’s easy enough to eyeball the boundaries at the diamonds.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to set up the centerfield drill that Ralph Eckert teaches. He uses a tailors pen and draws lines on the pool table. I was wondering what kind of tape or marker can you use to mark the borders that won't damage the felt?
Get a fabric marking pencil (chalk) from a crafts store. "Dritz" is the brand I use. It will wear off on its own in about two weeks or you can take a towel to it. It is made to not damage the cloth and to be removable.

Or, mark each of the four corners with a donut.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had used white tailor's chalk on my table to mark the diamond lines. From my memory (12 years ago), the chalk lasted a long time, more like 6 months I think. I later went over it with magic marker as I liked it.

This was a tailor's chalk from my mother's sewing kit that was probably from 1970.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I wouldn’t mark anything. It’s a simple area to visualize and might even be good table awareness practice.

pj
chgo

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you use that can you just rub it off?
Carpenter's chalk/string line. The resemblance is incidental.

Chalk line.jpg

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
I wouldn’t mark anything. It’s a simple area to visualize and might even be good table awareness practice.

pj
chgo
+1 on this^^^^^^^^^

You don't get to make a box on the table at the start of a match.........and finding the location of the 4 balls is pretty simple....You could even modify the drill and alternate and say put each of the 4 balls closer to the rails 1/2 diamond away instead of 1 full diamond to change the angles a bit....and or move them closer together each time to simulate harder "traffic"

I like the looks of this drill....think I am going to have to try it.

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get a fabric marking pencil (chalk) from a crafts store. "Dritz" is the brand I use. It will wear off on its own in about two weeks or you can take a towel to it. It is made to not damage the cloth and to be removable.

Or, mark each of the four corners with a donut.
the donuts are cheap and quick to place and remove and wont harm the cloth or interfere with the balls