Seyberts customer service

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of days ago I called Seyberts with a question. The recorded message said phone lines were busy and to write an email, they will answer in 1 business day.

I wrote a clear email asking if they had Z3 partial shafts in stock and if so, could they tap it for Mezz wavy and how long would it take? Their answer which came after 2 days basically said articles which are in stock are in stock, and articles which are out of stock, are not in stock. It was completely unhelpful.

Is this the state of customer service in the US today or was I unlucky?

Update 1: I managed to get someone on the phone and asked the same question. His answer was Nah, that tap is 300 dollars, we're not paying that.

Some of you might agree. I can see it being an issue for a small time repairman, but for a decent size business $300 is nothing for a useful tool, especially that you can write it off in accounting. Mezz is a very popular brand, about 1/3 of the people at my local pool hall are using Mezz. I find Seyberts' attitude short sighted.

Update 2: I replied to their answer to say it wasn't helpful because they didn't even adress the question. I got another answer saying it would take 4 to 6 weeks. So they can do it???!!!
999f92fcdf4b9b5e8a22097a0b824a74.jpg
9c7fb3e2b9fa12e32914037b9c845d54.jpg

Last edited:

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear things didn't go well for you with Seyberts. Personally I have had nothing but fantastic service in my dealings them. I have purchased multiple cues from them, with them advising me on weight and ballance first, also bought many shafts, most non in-stock due to my 30" length requests, even where 30" wasn't listed as an ordering option, they got it done for me. Got a 30" schon shaft that I didn't care for the grain in it, and they hand picked a better one for me to replace what I had. I order most everything from them, always great service, great prices, and fast shipping.
I would give them a second chance and call this time to see if that's something they offer, not sure though what you are looking for is something they can do on site.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should put a copy of that in the humor section! Lol

It seems... to me at least... Seyberts certainly is not the same company they used to be. I used to like doing business with them.

My brother and I recover the Valley tables in our area. We recovered one in the local bar, and when we stretched the cloth, there was a defect in the middle near the foot spot. Upon inspection, there was a problem in the weave. It wasnt apparent when it wasnt stretched.

We put a new one on at our expense, called Seyberts and told them of the problem. They said to send it back.

After they looked at it, they said they wouldn't replace it because it was our fault. THEY SAID WE STRETCHED IT TOO TIGHT! Which we all know is bullshit since the defect was in THE MIDDLE of the table. No way we over stretched it. We have been doing this for years. They screwed us. Haven't done business with them since.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Email. I get reasonably quick replies. I rate them a 5. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of days ago I called Seyberts with a question. The recorded message said phone lines were busy and to write an email, they will answer in 1 business day.

I wrote a clear email asking if they had Z3 partial shafts in stock and if so, could they tap it for Mezz wavy and how long would it take? Their answer which came after 2 days basically said articles which are in stock are in stock, and articles which are out of stock, are not in stock. It was completely unhelpful.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
They've been top-notch with me as well.
Anyone can post here their own version.
A more believable post would be the email you sent and the email, or link to, the email they sent you.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry about your luck with them. I have had great luck with them overall. Hope it's just a 1 time deal and you caught someone on a bad hair day. It happens in retail and it's not all on the seller.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They've been top-notch with me as well.
Anyone can post here their own version.
A more believable post would be the email you sent and the email, or link to, the email they sent you.
Here's the reply I received. I don't have my original message as it was sent through the form on the website. You can see how the title says Z3 wavy and that's not adressed at all in the reply.
1db948598e0ed3cd9a677c5e4b6aa323.jpg

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: I managed to get someone on the phone and asked the same question. His answer was Nah, that tap is 300 dollars, we're not paying that.

Some of you might agree. I can see it being an issue for a small time repairman, but for a decent size business $300 is nothing for a useful tool, especially that you can write it off in accounting. Mezz is a very popular brand, about 1/3 of the people at my local pool hall are using Mezz. I find Seyberts' attitude short sighted.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I called them up for a wholesale account once upon a time, and at first they said I had to be signed up on the site, and when I told them I had been for many years, they said I hadn't spent enough money with them yet. :ROFLMAO:
I told them as a business, I am not in the habit of paying retail for supplies. They are the only place I've applied for wholesale from that ever denied me. 🤷‍♂️

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: I managed to get someone on the phone and asked the same question. His answer was Nah, that tap is 300 dollars, we're not paying that.

Their call to make. Lot to pay for a tap if you rarely have demands for that thread.

Grimper

I have had mixed luck with their customer support. One was a good experience, one was a "leave us the hell alone" type of response.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your finding isn't unfounded, but a business has its own set of concerns, few of which are known.