Seyberts Tip Repair Question

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
I have a Pat Diveney pool cue. I did not want to attempt to put a new tip on myself due to the high value of the cue. So I sent it to Seyberts.com to get it done professionally. The instructions on the website was just to send it in with a note with your address and phone etc and they would call you for payment. So that is what I did. Forgetting Christmas was a few days away. I assumed it would arrive on a business day. Well it was Christmas week and now I am worried that it might have been out in the cold getting warped (the pool cue shaft) on the porch of the business.

Hopefully It was not. Does anyone know how these shops work? Is it a possibility that the pool cue shaft was left out in the cold. Thanks.
Seyberts has done outstanding work for me in the past.

They have shipped shafts in the past wrapped in bubble wrap and then inside a thick cardboard tube.

This has been a very warm December in the Midwest.

My guess is that the chances of damage are quite minimal.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't Seyberts do ferrules and joint work too? 99% sure they turn shafts too. And arent they are a Predator authorized service center?
I couldn’t tell you. All I know is the number of occasions when I’ve called them, the sales rep I talked to told me that a number of them there do re-tips in their free time.

If they do offer a number of more extensive repairs, hopefully I am wrong in my assumption that they don’t have a full-time qualified cue mechanic on their payroll. I’d guess they’d stay busy enough to have more than one.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I had Seyberts convert a Predator LE3 from radial to UniLoc. Jam up job, but I was told they do not offer that service anymore. Have not called to confirm, but it hit great for the years I used the LE3 but I eventually sold it.

I get retipping done locally though. Can't wait a week or two for a new one.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Could only see 10' in front of me then, lol. In hindsight I would not have changed it.

But all other cues I was using at the time were UniLoc. Wife's cue, spare cues, everything. So for ease of switching between if I needed. And I didn't want to sell and rebuy them in Radial. Irony is now I have all radial pins for my players and break cues...if only I'd have known.