Shaft supplier...

dakota

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am new to cue building and I followed some information from Eric at Sugartree and bought enough equipment and materials to build about 8-10 cues. Now that I am getting close to finishing some of these cues, I absolutely love the time I am spending building cues and on the entire process. With that in mind, I know that i am going to need to start building up a small supply of wood in order to continue moving forward. I have currently bought about 15 shafts from a couple different suppliers and some were pretty good and others were not so good. I am wondering if anyone would care to share their suppliers for maple to use in shaft wood. It can be either in dowel, square, or maybe even plank form. I want to start taking better control of the shaft quality and start building up some shaft wood. Not to worry, I will not run out your supplier, I will probably just be looking to buy 10 - 15 pieces here and there. Please PM me if you would be so kind to share your suppliers or your experience with different suppliers.

Thanks in advance for any information you care to share.

Spencer

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you were to dilgently use the search feature, you'll uncover about 95% of the known USA and Canada suppliers. It took me a few years at least to learn about the major and minor suppliers and also gain first hand experience. I know that I have posted contact information for at least 3-4 maple suppliers here. Those were 3 or 4 that were not previously divulged. Good luck.
Martin

I am new to cue building and I followed some information from Eric at Sugartree and bought enough equipment and materials to build about 8-10 cues. Now that I am getting close to finishing some of these cues, I absolutely love the time I am spending building cues and on the entire process. With that in mind, I know that i am going to need to start building up a small supply of wood in order to continue moving forward. I have currently bought about 15 shafts from a couple different suppliers and some were pretty good and others were not so good. I am wondering if anyone would care to share their suppliers for maple to use in shaft wood. It can be either in dowel, square, or maybe even plank form. I want to start taking better control of the shaft quality and start building up some shaft wood. Not to worry, I will not run out your supplier, I will probably just be looking to buy 10 - 15 pieces here and there. Please PM me if you would be so kind to share your suppliers or your experience with different suppliers.

Thanks in advance for any information you care to share.

Spencer