Shane Runs Over Dennis

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love that shape choice from the last 8 to the last 9. Such a pretty shot.

Shane was on high gear throughout that match.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is even more bizarre is that Denis just grilled Darren 11-2 in previous match
Did Dennis suddenly forget how to break for beating Darren 11-2, Dennis must be breaking well
:D

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
until now im still speechless. with SVB playing almost perfect in this match, Dennis on the other hand had a lot of bad rolls, unlucky breaks and some really lousy shots. it makes me sad. :(

Snookerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break Game #5

25:19, Dennis breaks, DRILLS the 6 ball (right wing ball) into the corner pocket, goes sits down. Shane steps up and runs the rack. I thought I saw this when I was watching live stream. Now this video confirms what I saw! Could it have made a difference? Possibly!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
25:19, Dennis breaks, DRILLS the 6 ball (right wing ball) into the corner pocket, goes sits down. Shane steps up and runs the rack. I thought I saw this when I was watching live stream. Now this video confirms what I saw! Could it have made a difference? Possibly!

OMG-Wow I mean wow -have to check this out
What would be referee/ chief referee/board of ref ruling be in such a situation ? Was the table ref napping ? :smile:

Snookerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG-Wow I mean wow -have to check this out
What would be referee/ chief referee/board of ref ruling be in such a situation ? Was the table ref napping ? :smile:

Unfortunately this Ref seemed pretty tense during this match, and you would think it would be the refs call to pay attention and let them know a ball was made.... or one would assume. Otherwise the refs were just glorified rack holders/ball cleaners.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for knowing the rules - That was an illegal break by Dennis. The break requires 3 balls past the head string or 3 balls pocketed or 3 in combination (pocketed and past head string). This is the three point break rule that is in the Tournament rules. In this break the 6 was pocketed and 1 ball went past the head string so illegal break (not a foul). This is not a foul so no ball in hand but your turn at the table is over. So both players were correct and since the Ref doesn't wear a microphone we have no way to know if he made a call but it was correct for Shane to come to the table an play.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The ref called "illegal break". Not sure of the rule for this tourney only one ball passed the head string plus the 6 ball in the corner pocket.

Snookerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for knowing the rules - That was an illegal break by Dennis. The break requires 3 balls past the head string or 3 balls pocketed or 3 in combination (pocketed and past head string). This is the three point break rule that is in the Tournament rules. In this break the 6 was pocketed and 1 ball went past the head string so illegal break (not a foul). This is not a foul so no ball in hand but your turn at the table is over. So both players were correct and since the Ref doesn't wear a microphone we have no way to know if he made a call but it was correct for Shane to come to the table an play.

Thanks for clarification on the rules. I thought if it was an illegal break it was ball in hand with that rule.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what happened and you can hear the ref call illegal break as he walks to the table. Shane could shoot or hand the table back to Dennis. Shane cannot push-out, but if hands it back to Dennis, he can push. 3 point break is explained on kozoom site along with everything about the tourney .

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I still can't get over Dennis spending several minutes protesting Shane asking about removing the magic rack "You can't do that. You can't do that. You can't do that" only to make a scene himself on the VERY NEXT SHOT THAT HE NEEDED IT REMOVED.

That is comedy gold right there. Glad he got drilled.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternative break..
Dennis got so much behind he gave up.. You never see him give up normally.
This is good example why alternative break is poor at pool. Whoever get far behind does not have a chance and makes dull matches because everyone know loser can´t come back.. without leaders help.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Alternative break..
This is good example why alternative break is poor at pool. Whoever get far behind does not have a chance and makes dull matches because everyone know loser can´t come back.. without leaders help.

I definitely prefer winner breaks. But, there were plenty of great come backs and drama in this tournament so far, despite the alternate breaks and using a magic rack.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Alternative break..

And yet if you followed the tournament, you would read the stories of some great come backs in this very tournament.