Shane Van Signs deal with RASSON??!!!!

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he turned down the invite. Not 100% on this but that's what i heard.

I think you may be confusing Bergman declining the invite to the World Pool Masters, or Shane’s decision (and Fedor, Shaw, Sky) not playing in the Predator Championship League because of the requirement to wear a Predator patch.

Shane said on Facebook he didn’t get an invitation to the World Cup. Some speculation that this is because of the refusal to play the earlier event, but I don’t buy that - Shaw, Sky and Fedor are all playing.

My own guess is that (a) Matchroom invites one “lead” player and they get to pick their partner- which is why Gorst and Filler have partners we’ve never heard of; and (b) Matchroom selected Sky as the two time Mosconi Cup MVP and then Sky chose his friend Billy because they’ve played a lot of doubles together and play well together.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Also I think maybe the installer botched the setup, because the slate would make an odd noise when balls bounced on it.
There ya go. Most clubhouse mech’s are hack. As for a 10-12 hour installation I’m sure they lost interest after a few hours.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing to do with 'like.' Simple business decision. He got the table FREE in '19. They started courting him and recently inked the deal. As stated above if Diamond or anyone else would have offered a similar deal he'd be pimping their tables instead.

Nothing to do with 'like.' Simple business decision. He got the table FREE in '19. They started courting him and recently inked the deal. As stated above if Diamond or anyone else would have offered a similar deal he'd be pimping their tables instead.
You doesn't has to all it Pimpin 'playa, makes everything sound cheesy.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So...we should be due for another "How Can We Fix Pool In America" brainstorm post soon. I mean, we can't fix pool in America if Captain Pool America SVB is going to China for everything, right? (that's sarcasm)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think he turned down the invite. Not 100% on this but that's what i heard.
That makes sense....there are quarantines involved.
Johnny Morra is starting to realize that now preparing for the same event.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
BUY USA POOL!! Support American Companies and American Pool families!
Brunswick is still one of the oldest operating Corporations in the USA and has brought us great products since 1845!
Diamond is made here and is NUMBER 1 !!!

Attachments

• il_794xN.1425476059_ngm5.jpg
    il_794xN.1425476059_ngm5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 57

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Brunswick is still one of the oldest operating Corporations in the USA and has brought us great products since 1845!

Brunswick spun off its billiards business a few years ago as part of Life Fitness. Brunswick corporation today has nothing to do with billiards, they sell marine outboard motors and boats. But I agree the Diamond company is awesome.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I believe in buying the BEST product. Period. If a foreign manufacturer produces a better product, then that's what I'm buying. I say that this will FORCE American companies to increase their quality, or forever lose market share or go out of business. That is the way it should be IMO. I am open however to paying more for an American made product if it is indeed the best product. Because I realize that labor costs in the USA are going to be higher. But most American companies use foreign labor to make their products anyway. Right now I think that I will buy a Diamond table when I get a new one, because I believe that they make the best table, regardless of cost.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick spun off its billiards business a few years ago as part of Life Fitness. Brunswick corporation today has nothing to do with billiards, they sell marine outboard motors and boats. But I agree the Diamond company is awesome.
That's true, but I believe the spin off company "Brunswick Billiards" is the same its been for 100 years (same staff, same office, same suppliers, etc). They just are no longer under the parent of Brunswick Corporation. I'm not certain of this...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's true, but I believe the spin off company "Brunswick Billiards" is the same its been for 100 years (same staff, same office, same suppliers, etc). They just are no longer under the parent of Brunswick Corporation. I'm not certain of this...
Brunswick Billiards and Life Fitness were sold to investment firm KPS Partners. Brunswick hasn't made a table in the U.S. since the GC3 came out. Sub-assemblies are made in Asia, S. America, Mexico, who-the-hell knows where else and then assembled and sold here. They don't make anything. There is just enough US-made content(pockets, some of the castings, gullies,etc) to allow them to put a 'Made in USA' label on it.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick Billiards and Life Fitness were sold to investment firm KPS Partners. Brunswick hasn't made a table in the U.S. since the GC3 came out. Sub-assemblies are made in Asia, S. America, Mexico, who-the-hell knows where else and then assembled and sold here. They don't make anything. There is just enough US-made content(pockets, gullies,etc) to allow them to put a 'Made in USA' label on it.
It doesn’t matter where the parts are built. If it’s headquartered in USA then it’s an American company. Where is it’s office? Where is it’s engineering staff? It’s marketing staff? It’s sales staff? Did all of those departments stay roughly the same when parent Brunswick Corporation sold Brunswick Billiards to KPS Partners? If so, the Brunswick Billiards as we know it today is the same company it’s been for decades. Country of manufacture does not define a company.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn’t matter where the parts are built. If it’s headquartered in USA then it’s an American company. Where is it’s office? Where is it’s engineering staff? It’s marketing staff? It’s sales staff? Did all of those departments stay roughly the same when parent Brunswick Corporation sold Brunswick Billiards to KPS Partners? If so, the Brunswick Billiards as we know it today is the same company it’s been for decades. Country of manufacture does not define a company.
Unlike you i guess i have a real problem with a co. putting a 'Made in USA' label on a product that is NOT made but just assembled here. I like the way Diamond Blue labels play and i like the fact that they are made in the US. They also support pool big time. Brunswick is nothing but a name now. Has no ties to their original roots. They are nothing but assemblers and retailers.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will ju
Agreed. Will jump on a new Centennial if it comes with tighter pockets other wise a Diamond professional. Would have purchased a Rasson but prefer a table I’m familiar with. Do not feel like experimenting. As for any quality item I do not care where it made. Especially cars. The people we buy from are Americans if you buy in America. Pretty simple.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unlike you i guess i have a real problem with a co. putting a 'Made in USA' label on a product that is NOT made but just assembled here. I like the way Diamond Blue labels play and i like the fact that they are made in the US. They also support pool big time. Brunswick is nothing but a name now. Has no ties to their original roots. They are nothing but assemblers and retailers.
Well I also have a problem if a company says "made in USA" and they are not. There are specific laws regarding that. (I don't know all the specifics, but know they exist. I believe it has to do with final assembly location, and perhaps parts content origins). Does Brunswick even say made in USA anymore?

Back to the topic though, Rasson is now sponsoring tons of events, and players. So it looks like they are adding to the game. Shane helped bring up the Cuetech brand tremendously, and also helped with the design of their shafts. Perhaps he will do the same with Rasson tables. At least that is how the press release read to me.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I also have a problem if a company says "made in USA" and they are not. There are specific laws regarding that. (I don't know all the specifics, but know they exist. I believe it has to do with final assembly location, and perhaps parts content origins). Does Brunswick even say made in USA anymore?

Back to the topic though, Rasson is now sponsoring tons of events, and players. So it looks like they are adding to the game. Shane helped bring up the Cuetech brand tremendously, and also helped with the design of their shafts. Perhaps he will do the same with Rasson tables. At least that is how the press release read to me.
A friend has a 2003 GC4 with a label underneath that clearly says 'Made in USA'. Complete bullshit. A few parts were made here to get around the law. GC5-6 are same deal. I'd buy a used 1-2-4 but i wouldn't spend a dime on anything B'wick sells now. As for Rasson, i'd never buy one new or used. I do hope SVB makes a boatload off that deal tho. He's earned every penny.

Last edited:

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Brunswick dumped the "Made in the USA" language a few years ago (as it probably violated FTC marking rules as you point out). But they still use an "Authentic American" logo, which is equally BS.

1620001327440.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will ju

Agreed. Will jump on a new Centennial if it comes with tighter pockets other wise a Diamond professional. Would have purchased a Rasson but prefer a table I’m familiar with. Do not feel like experimenting. As for any quality item I do not care where it made. Especially cars. The people we buy from are Americans if you buy in America. Pretty simple.
HUGE difference with cars. They are CLEARLY marked as to where they were built. This the problem with a lot of FORMER great US companies: they outsource to some 3rd world shithole and con people into believing that what you just bought is still made here. If B'wick would come straight out and say ' This is the new Gold Crown X, we designed it here and had our Chinese partners build it' i wouldn't bat an eye. But they don't. Diamond is leaving them in the dust anyway. I doubt B'wickBilliards lasts 10 more yrs.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When the GC fours came out, a friend installed ten of them at a room...he had to add some lumber, the frame wasn’t supporting the end slates well enough. By the time they were two years old, Alex said there were some dead spots in the cushions.
So many good things happened to me on a GC...snooker and pool...but they lost me when the GC threes came out.
....they put their Super Speed label on what I’m pretty sure was cheap rubber I could buy for $40 a table.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
all old news. KPS Financial ownes Brunswick Billiards and are investing heavily in the company, The GC6 Is one of the best commercial tables available. I sell both brands and deal directly with both manufacturers. To conclude: Diamond is in fact an awesome company and I am proud to be a part of the team!

TFT