Shaw 714 DVD

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope it sells out. There’s maybe 5,000 super serious pool fans, 150,000 moderate pool fans and maybe 1,000,000 casual pool players in the US. Selling these 714 packages should capitalize just right on those that want to be a part of history. Because after that we are talking about the rest of you that would rather bootleg the Mosconi Cup on any channel available than spend $20 for the greatest event of the year. After this initial package sells, anybody with a web browser will be able to get a bootleg for free. So stop being cheap and just embrace the moment.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won't be on the same table that's for sure😉
That's a fact.

I imagine the evidence (table) will be swimming with the fishes...

Seriously, anyone with a brain knows we'll never see another elite player on that same table with the same conditions (a pile of cash as incentive).

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that's a fair point.

Still, the design was to have all players with elite competitive resumes that were interested attempt to beat the record. Several others who have yet to take a shot at it expressed interest in trying. Count me among those who were shocked that the record fell as soon as it did.

I think we'll see more attempts down the road by those who have yet to try, especially Gorst and Filler, who I believe are the most likely to break the new record. I think Orcullo might have a huge run in him, too, but I doubt we'll see him making any attempts anytime in the foreseeable future.
Like Glenn said, to say we seen all of the elite get an attempt is more than a stretch.

As far as other elite players getting the "same" attempt (opportunity) later that Jayson got????..... lol .... not even close.

Not saying nobody will attempt. Sure, there will be attempts, but it won't be on "that" table and the conditions (no huge cash bounty AND guaranteed money regardless of outcome) will be very different.

Have a good day and stay safe sir.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Like Glenn said, to say we seen all of the elite get an attempt is more than a stretch.
Does anyone have any knowledge of an "elite" player asking to be involved and rejected by the organizers...? The actual fact is that the event is held hostage to both those willing and their schedules. Of course the top 50 in the world haven't had a crack at it yet. However that shouldn't invalidate the efforts made by the first few.
As far as other elite players getting the "same" attempt (opportunity) later that Jayson got????..... lol .... not even close.
...and you know this how...? Can not two same model tables be constructed to play the same...? ...or are just assuming zero effort will be made to do so...? Sounds like a bit of opinion spouted off like fact.
Not saying nobody will attempt. Sure, there will be attempts, but it won't be on "that" table and the conditions (no huge cash bounty AND guaranteed money regardless of outcome) will be very different.
On the exact table Jayson played on...?.., no. Good on everyone involved to try and monetize the record setting effort. If they didn't, a year from now people on this forum would be mocking them for waiting too long. I wonder if the same thing happened to the 626 table. It would explain it's dismantling shortly after the record. However beyond that I struggle as to why another table could not be cut in the same fashion, placed in the same corner of the room and covered in the same type of cloth.

As far as money goes... Was there another thread that I missed that discussed what huge cash bounty, and guaranteed money was offered up...? For all we know they got bag of apples for walking in the door and pear for setting the record. Again, lots of opinion with no facts.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Was the table sold? I know the guy from streetlights was trying to sell the table, but that it hadn’t been dismantled or anything. I don’t think it was being “gotten rid of” as evidence. I got the feeling that those involved don’t care either way how people feel about the table used lol.

As far as the money, I don’t know anything but the way I feel about the situation... Put up a big cash reward, someone breaks the record almost right away and claims said reward, kind of taking the wind out of the sails. Now what to do?

I’d say they’re taking a break from new players running out on the off chance that one beats jaysons record and before he even gets the video out. When the dust settles will anyone be willing to put up the same reward for a breaking of the new record? I don’t know. It would be hard for me to if I was in that position.

If the reward amount is truly unknown to all then a smaller reward next time around may still draw the players with zero dampening of drive and perceived value.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a fact.

I imagine the evidence (table) will be swimming with the fishes...

Seriously, anyone with a brain knows we'll never see another elite player on that same table with the same conditions (a pile of cash as incentive).

The table is for sale as a piece of sports memorabilia.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have any knowledge of an "elite" player asking to be involved and rejected by the organizers...? The actual fact is that the event is held hostage to both those willing and their schedules. Of course the top 50 in the world haven't had a crack at it yet. However that shouldn't invalidate the efforts made by the first few.

...and you know this how...? Can not two same model tables be constructed to play the same...? ...or are just assuming zero effort will be made to do so...? Sounds like a bit of opinion spouted off like fact.

On the exact table Jayson played on...?.., no. Good on everyone involved to try and monetize the record setting effort. If they didn't, a year from now people on this forum would be mocking them for waiting too long. I wonder if the same thing happened to the 626 table. It would explain it's dismantling shortly after the record. However beyond that I struggle as to why another table could not be cut in the same fashion, placed in the same corner of the room and covered in the same type of cloth.

As far as money goes... Was there another thread that I missed that discussed what huge cash bounty, and guaranteed money was offered up...? For all we know they got bag of apples for walking in the door and pear for setting the record. Again, lots of opinion with no facts.

Jayson got a lot of dough from Bobby for his record run.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was the table sold? I know the guy from streetlights was trying to sell the table, but that it hadn’t been dismantled or anything. I don’t think it was being “gotten rid of” as evidence. I got the feeling that those involved don’t care either way how people feel about the table used lol.

As far as the money, I don’t know anything but the way I feel about the situation... Put up a big cash reward, someone breaks the record almost right away and claims said reward, kind of taking the wind out of the sails. Now what to do?

I’d say they’re taking a break from new players running out on the off chance that one beats jaysons record and before he even gets the video out. When the dust settles will anyone be willing to put up the same reward for a breaking of the new record? I don’t know. It would be hard for me to if I was in that position.

If the reward amount is truly unknown to all then a smaller reward next time around may still draw the players with zero dampening of drive and perceived value.

I don't believe the table has been sold yet.

Right now renovations are underway at Streetlight to relocate the Legends table within the club. Once all is setup there will be other events, hopefully to include some women attempting to set a high run. Then down the road we'll open it back up to the men. There's been no shortage of interest from several of the guys mentioned in this thread and even Jayson wants to come back to try and break his own record. And yes: there will be more dough to be won for a higher record.

Lou Figueroa

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Evidently you did not watch and listen to all the videos while the attempts was made.

Since you like facts so much.... how about this:

Bobby Chamberlain said all along that John Schmidt's 626 was not the world record run.

Bobby said (several times on stream) very clearly that Babe Cranfield's 768 run was the world record.... that's fact. He said it any times.

Well, after Jayson ran 714.... all of a sudden Bobby accepted John's 626.... again, that is fact.

I know what I know and Evidently you don't.

I've received a few PM's asking me if I was ill toward Bobby or something. I told all of them:

Nope. I have no problem with him personally other than I don't like hypocrisy.

Do you like it when someone says one thing, but then does the opposite?

Me? I have absolutely nothing against Bobby and especially Jayson...., but I am a huge fan of honesty and integrity.

In the end, I'm grateful for John Schmidt and Jayson Shaw.

I just wish two things:

1. John would have got the same love and respect for breaking the 526 that Shaw got for the 714.

2. John's record would have been broken under different circumstances instead of a vengeance manner.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Evidently you did not watch and listen to all the videos while the attempts was made.

Since you like facts so much.... how about this:

Bobby Chamberlain said all along that John Schmidt's 626 was not the world record run.

Bobby said (several times on stream) very clearly that Babe Cranfield's 768 run was the world record.... that's fact. He said it any times.

Well, after Jayson ran 714.... all of a sudden Bobby accepted John's 626.... again, that is fact.

I know what I know and Evidently you don't.

I've received a few PM's asking me if I was ill toward Bobby or something. I told all of them:

Nope. I have no problem with him personally other than I don't like hypocrisy.

Do you like it when someone says one thing, but then does the opposite?

Me? I have absolutely nothing against Bobby and especially Jayson...., but I am a huge fan of honesty and integrity.

In the end, I'm grateful for John Schmidt and Jayson Shaw.

I just wish two things:

1. John would have got the same love and respect for breaking the 526 that Shaw got for the 714.

2. John's record would have been broken under different circumstances instead of a vengeance manner.
Whole bunch of words that have nothing to do with what I quoted from you prior. You have made a few assumptions, formed opinions based on them and stated them as facts. It's ok that you preferred to deflect rather than address, but lets call a spade a spade.

I have paid enough attention to know you were talking out of a lower part of your anatomy...lol.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
After the 714, the guy deon? that was live streaming said “ahhh new world record” etc etc. Bobby then pulled him aside and started talking about cranfield and 768 and then deon came back and said something like “well a new record”

I don’t remember the details very well anymore but I had this convo once not long after watching live and I remember. He definitely still recognized the 768, but I don’t know what he may have said since then as far as “world record” goes.

I had just gotten to work. Opened azbilliards and saw the high run thread going nuts, updates from just minutes before claiming high numbers. I tuned in just in time and then was able to start back from the beginning and see this run. Working on an office has perks

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whole bunch of words that have nothing to do with what I quoted from you prior. You have made a few assumptions, formed opinions based on them and stated them as facts. It's ok that you preferred to deflect rather than address, but lets call a spade a spade.

I have paid enough attention to know you were talking out of a lower part of your anatomy...lol.
Read your last paragraph of your post #89.

You said I was just assuming and making accusations that players got paid to attempt to break the record and ESPECIALLY if they broke the record.

Bobby said himself that Jayson would need a brings truck to carry his reward after he broke the record and got paid.

You didn't believe me and then insulted me by saying I was talking out of my lower Anatomy, but when Lou verified it.... lol ... you said.... "I don't doubt it one bit"....

BTW, you are also the first one to be disrespectful.

I try not to disrespect anyone. It would be nice if everyone was that way.

Have a good day sir.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the 714, the guy deon? that was live streaming said “ahhh new world record” etc etc. Bobby then pulled him aside and started talking about cranfield and 768 and then deon came back and said something like “well a new record”

I don’t remember the details very well anymore but I had this convo once not long after watching live and I remember. He definitely still recognized the 768, but I don’t know what he may have said since then as far as “world record” goes.

I had just gotten to work. Opened azbilliards and saw the high run thread going nuts, updates from just minutes before claiming high numbers. I tuned in just in time and then was able to start back from the beginning and see this run. Working on an office has perks
I appreciate the way you state your opinions without being childish and disrespectful.

Then again, I expect nothing less from you and most others on here.

AZB has a bunch of good members.

Have a good day Jeff!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't believe the table has been sold yet.

Right now renovations are underway at Streetlight to relocate the Legends table within the club. Once all is setup there will be other events, hopefully to include some women attempting to set a high run. Then down the road we'll open it back up to the men. There's been no shortage of interest from several of the guys mentioned in this thread and even Jayson wants to come back to try and break his own record. And yes: there will be more dough to be won for a higher record.

Lou Figueroa
And yet no mention of John Schmidt being invited to redeem his his high run record by competing in the SAME table in which it was broken, yet this event wasn't about John, right? Yet the moment it was broken, this whole event came crashing down! No one has played since then, and yet, the bullshit comes out, women get to attempt to set their high run next, and oh yeah, sometime in the future the men will start up again, we have a LOT of interest from them, but due to THEIR busy schedules we haven't had ONE come forward yet! What a load of crap!!!