Shaw 714 DVD

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven’t quite gotten around to watching it yet, but not upset about maybe over-paying. If comfortable about value initially, then subsequent discounts ARE really rather irrelevant. All the discussion re: pocket size/cloth speed/rack type/etc. irrelevant also, since MY real interest is proof that so many consecutive racks can indeed be broken without getting the CB hopelessly bound up (as frequently happens to MOI’). Looking forward to the viewing (‘seeing IS believing’).

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Haven’t quite gotten around to watching it yet, but not upset about maybe over-paying. If comfortable about value initially, then subsequent discounts ARE really rather irrelevant. All the discussion re: pocket size/cloth speed/rack type/etc. irrelevant also, since MY real interest is proof that so many consecutive racks can indeed be broken without getting the CB hopelessly bound up (as frequently happens to MOI’). Looking forward to the viewing (‘seeing IS believing’).
While you're watching it will be interesting to note how many times Jayson moves a ball into better break position and how many times does he have something other than the standard side-of-the-rack break shot. Amazing, actually.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the record, I made a post post # 6 saying I thought it was a fair deal at $125.00. At that point it was up to the public to vote with their wallets as to it's worth.

You didn't even give it a chance. There seems to have been no plan. Now you may have missed the boat on actually capitalizing on this.

"There seems to have been no plan."

lmao. How the fup would you know jack about our plan, lol.

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Jayson, Bobby, Lou, and Bobby's team:

I received the carefully wrapped DVD package in perfect condition late yesterday and watched the first half of it.

The video, your playing, Jayson, and your voice-overed comments are outstanding. This DVD will continually inspire me, at 86 years of age, to keep enjoying and perfecting my own playing of this mentally and physically healthful sport we are so blessed to have in our lives. I know I'll treasure and repeatedly watch this very remarkable video for many years to come.

I'm more convinced than ever that you'll eventually be "Mr 1,000" if you care to pursue the record-setting further and have time and will to do so. Bobby must be a joy for any pro player to work with, and perform for. The project is clearly a labor of love for him.

It must be so revealing, appreciable, and interesting to Jayson to -- post facto -- have the almost mystic experience of consciously observing the process of his subconscious instincts and knowledge-base informing the thousands of decisions guiding his arm and rack navigation. And then, in left-brain mode, and off-table, finding informative -- to us, and himself -- words to describe it all, as it occurred.

As others here who have received and marveled at, there are so many nuances and details of the run, I'll conclude my usual verbosity by simply saying the run in this coherent DVD form is simply stated: Astonishing!

Arnaldo ~ Film actors have a roughly comparable experience when watching the finished film. It's a higher viewing experience for the pro player who not guided by a director, a script and a cameraman -- was out there in the arena, guided solely by honed instincts and his subconscious wealth of repeatable information . . . and not least -- his passionate determination to excel. And excel, he did! Remarkably.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I received the carefully wrapped DVD package in perfect condition late yesterday and watched the first half of it.

The video, your playing, Jayson, and your voice-overed comments are outstanding. This DVD will continually inspire me, at 86 years of age, to keep enjoying and perfecting my own playing of this mentally and physically healthful sport we are so blessed to have in our lives. I know I'll treasure and repeatedly watch this very remarkable video for many years to come.

I'm more convinced than ever that you'll eventually be "Mr 1,000" if you care to pursue the record-setting further and have time and will to do so. Bobby must be a joy for any pro player to work with, and perform for. The project is clearly a labor of love for him.

It must be so revealing, appreciable, and interesting to Jayson to -- post facto -- have the almost mystic experience of consciously observing the process of his subconscious instincts and knowledge-base informing the thousands of decisions guiding his arm and rack navigation. And then, in left-brain mode, and off-table, finding informative -- to us, and himself -- words to describe it all, as it occurred.

As others here who have received and marveled at, there are so many nuances and details of the run, I'll conclude my usual verbosity by simply saying the run in this coherent DVD form is simply stated: Astonishing!

Arnaldo ~ Film actors have a roughly comparable experience when watching the finished film. It's a higher viewing experience for the pro player who not guided by a director, a script and a cameraman -- was out there in the arena, guided solely by honed instincts and his subconscious wealth of repeatable information . . . and not least -- his passionate determination to excel. And excel, he did! Remarkably.
What a considerate and inspiring letter Arnaldo!
Good health to you and keep spinning them balls🙏☺️

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Your are so welcome. We appreciate all the kind words. I hope your nephew gets better and we will be starting back up in about 10 days from now.

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your are so welcome. We appreciate all the kind words. I hope your nephew gets better and we will be starting back up in about 10 days from now.
Nephew's spirits lifted markedly while viewing with us the awesome ease, beauty and near automatic-pilot play exhibited by Jayson.

He so loves the game -- just like his uncle -- that your rapidly-sent DVD is a perfectly timed blessing to keep him inspired more than ever towards the fullest, most mobile recovery and playing once again -- within a year or two, doc says.

Arnaldo ~ Many thanks to you good people with Bobby. I often comment to folks: "With the world so often seeming such a bad place, the only good we can regularly and dependably count on, is the Good we do for each other." Sounds a little sappy, but it's so true. Luv ya for being like you guys are. So positive-thinking and contributory.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just started watching it. WOW! This guy is a ball-making machine! He drops 10 in the time it takes me just to get down on a shot. Not only is he instantly recognizing patterns, but instinctively knows when to run into & spread groups. Sure points out the difference between an actual ‘pro’, and the rest of us ‘dabblers’.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Jewett is in London doing an article about Jayson's 714.

He only has his notes there -- not the DVD. He PM-ed me asking what the very first break ball was.

I replied that he ball -- placed by hand by Jayson in readiness for the opening shot looked like the the three-ball to me.
He says he remembers it as the four-ball.

Anyone care to comment?

Arnaldo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob Jewett is in London doing an article about Jayson's 714....
Here is the start of the table I'm presenting in the article. LRB gives the side of the break shot. M means the break ball had been bumped into position (or X for the bumping didn't work). I didn't always see the colors well for the break ball.

Break #Time on videoBall countBreak ballL/R/BMoved break?Rack time
10:00:3604R0:02:15
20:02:511412R0:01:57
30:04:482810RM0:03:19
40:08:07423L0:02:45
50:10:52569LX0:03:40
60:14:32706BM0:02:49
70:17:21843R0:02:10
80:19:319815R0:02:55

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the start of the table I'm presenting in the article. ...
The longest rack in the run took a little over five minutes including the racking. Most racks were about 3 minutes. Amazing. I saw a player in a world championship take 8 minutes on one shot, in which time Jayson would have run three racks.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Jewett is in London doing an article about Jayson's 714.

He only has his notes there -- not the DVD. He PM-ed me asking what the very first break ball was.

I replied that he ball -- placed by hand by Jayson in readiness for the opening shot looked like the the three-ball to me.
He says he remembers it as the four-ball.

Anyone care to comment?

Arnaldo

I believe it was the four ball -- sort of a pink colored ball in the set.

I'd also have to agree with Bob that the number of times he bumps a ball into position was extraordinary. I'm not so sure his patterns were the best but after that run whadda I know. My only other comment is that his whole demeanor during the run is of someone just strolling around a pool table, almost looking like he's killing time waiting for his wife to get ready to go out to dinner, and just plinking balls off the table. It's nuts.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The longest rack in the run took a little over five minutes including the racking. Most racks were about 3 minutes. Amazing. I saw a player in a world championship take 8 minutes on one shot, in which time Jayson would have run three racks.
Insanity right?
I’ve never seen anything like it.