Shoot or Dare

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the worst thing I have seen.
CJ's new Shoot or dare game with the brand new 3 way shot.
Yeah, kind of strange...this rule was kind of confusing:

The Pocket Zone is an area one diamond on each side of the pocket you’re calling - all shots must contact a rail within the called pocket’s zone for a legal hit.

Then in the video he runs a couple racks without a ball touching the rail. Is he counting a made ball hitting the back of the pocket as contacting a rail?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yeah, kind of strange...this rule was kind of confusing:

The Pocket Zone is an area one diamond on each side of the pocket you’re calling - all shots must contact a rail within the called pocket’s zone for a legal hit.

Then in the video he runs a couple racks without a ball touching the rail. Is he counting a made ball hitting the back of the pocket as contacting a rail?
If you make the ball it probably wont be touching the rail, that rule applies to missed shots.
The game just doesn't seem all that exciting to me and its a little corny to call the break "the shuffle"'

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing more than so many other snake oil salesman here on AZ over the years. Geno was one of the most prolific in his time. I played him and after racking more than breaking he did not try to sell me his lessons. lol.

TOI was like so many ‘aiming’ systems. Sure as long as you hit the ball with the exact force and speed needed on every shot. But that is never discussed.
Hole lotta psychobabble, voodoo, nonsense!

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Nothing more than so many other snake oil salesman here on AZ over the years. Geno was one of the most prolific in his time. I played him and after racking more than breaking he did not try to sell me his lessons. lol.

TOI was like so many ‘aiming’ systems. Sure as long as you hit the ball with the exact force and speed needed on every shot. But that is never discussed.
Hole lotta psychobabble, voodoo, nonsense!
IDK, from my time with Geno it was more like getting you to look at a shot correctly to minimize optical distortions. I'm sure like any method it's not for everyone but for me personally there was a lot of value in it. His salesman antics were a bit much but the info was very useful IMO. I gave him a lot of shit on the forums back then yet he was still willing to help me out, and thankfully I wasn't too headstrong/egotistical to learn something despite my preconceived notions.

It's like anything, you might be able to beat a guy's brains out on the table, but he may divulge a puzzle piece that is useful if you're willing to study it. I've got good info from people at all levels, in life and in pool.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
IDK, from my time with Geno it was more like getting you to look at a shot correctly to minimize optical distortions. I'm sure like any method it's not for everyone but for me personally there was a lot of value in it. His salesman antics were a bit much but the info was very useful IMO. I gave him a lot of shit on the forums back then yet he was still willing to help me out, and thankfully I wasn't too headstrong/egotistical to learn something despite my preconceived notions.

It's like anything, you might be able to beat a guy's brains out on the table, but he may divulge a puzzle piece that is useful if you're willing to study it. I've got good info from people at all levels, in life and in pool.
Agree, and Gene could play.