Shooting gallery on youtube

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any one watch this movie ? B movie at best. But hey its about pool. One thing its got going for it that i have not seen in most hustling movies is that it givea a detauled explanation of slang words and saying used in hustling. Many i knew but there were some i have never heard before.

Based loosely on the color of money i guess ....the usual cast of characters...the young hustler...the beautiful young girl.... The stake horse.

I will say ving rhames does a great job of portraying the room owner / stake horse. Oh yea...cant forget the dirty cop.

Also a helluva surprise ending in my opinion.

I also watched turn the river a while back but gotta say shooting gallery gives that movie the 7 out.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly didn’t think this was as bad as some made it out to be.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of these movies are made for people who can’t play pool.

I cringe every time I see one of them shoot a shot.

They all look worse than APA-3s.

It would be nice if they had technical directors who could at least teach them to “act” like they could hold a cue.

If not that, do cutaways with a real pool player shooting the balls.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of these movies are made for people who can’t play pool.

I cringe every time I see one of them shoot a shot.

They all look worse than APA-3s.

It would be nice if they had technical directors who could at least teach them to “act” like they could hold a cue.

If not that, do cutaways with a real pool player shooting the balls.
You're right.
Terrible bridges.
I always look at the bridge.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw it about 10 years ago, only thing I remember is Roselyn Sanchez looking smoking hot as usual and the old switch shooting arms hustle in the end.
Overall terrible movie.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I have an idea how I missed this in the first place, but, for me, NOLA and pool should have been a sure thing . . . but this is the worst movie ever. The writing was not bad -- it simply did not exist. Difficult to imagine that folks invested real money in this beast. Sad.