Short Story of San Jose Dick McMorran

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Heard this little story that is about a minute long on the Sigel 150 and out run video. I figured I would share it here. Even is his twilight years he would still play these marathon sessions. Grady and Weenie Beenie confirm his tenacity. I got to go on a couple little road trips with him for pool and he was quite the character. Always enjoyed our talks over a good stiff drink. I miss my friend SJD.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss him too Lenny. We took a little trip before he past, and he made a great comment I still use today, after we both went off at Hard Times, Bellflower.

‘We turned into the kind of guys we used to go looking for’.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yeah, Dick was cool. I didn't meet him until about 2010 at Derby City, He was, among many other things, a valued member of this forum, and he usually posted with both clarity and insight. Gone but not forgotten.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I miss him too Lenny. We took a little trip before he past, and he made a great comment I still use today, after we both went off at Hard Times, Bellflower.

‘We turned into the kind of guys we used to go looking for’.
Haha. I can hear his voice saying it. We all have our time I suppose being the hunter and the hunted. He always spoke very highly highly of you John and I know you are a rare breed in the pool world. Hope you are well buddy.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Yeah, Dick was cool. I didn't meet him until about 2010 at Derby City, He was, among many other things, a valued member of this forum, and he usually posted with both clarity and insight. Gone but not forgotten.
Absolutely. He pulled no punches.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks lenny
R.I.P. Dick
I got to know him from onepocket . Org

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
He was a lot of fun here on the forums. I expect that he was even more fun in person