Should other members be allowed to reply in sales posts?

Should other members be allowed to reply to a sales post?

• Total voters

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
I think all For Sale posts should have a brief description of the item AND the PRICE in the subject line.

For example:

Gus Szamboti Ebony 4-point with two shafts, 19oz, - $99,000

From that simple description, I know if I want to open the thread or not.
Has nothing to do with the poll question.

dirtvictim

My only gripe with stuff For Sale is crappy, tiny pictures, that give potential buyers no idea what is being sold.

Take you stuff outside in over cast day? Or cloudy day when light is right. Shoot lots of photos, enhance, edit to show off what your selling.

Not rocket science? Just take longer than 15 seconds, wam, bam, thank you mam.🤬🤣
Has nothing to do with the poll question.

dirtvictim

I'm confused here, are only votes allowed? Do comments constitute some serious breach of protocol?? Just wondering. ;)
Comments regarding the question only. That's part of the point of the exercise to see if members can be trusted to follow rules. I see a major fail so far. I kept it as simple as possible.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Comments regarding the question only. That's part of the point of the exercise to see if members can be trusted to follow rules. I see a major fail so far. I kept it as simple as possible.
When did you become the person who makes the rules? Did you buy the forum from Mike?

dirtvictim

When did you become the person who makes the rules? Did you buy the forum from Mike?
The OP of a poll makes rules for the poll. Correct or is it the members that reply that make the rules to a poll?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
The OP of a poll makes rules for the poll. Correct or is it the members that reply that make the rules to a poll?
I would say that in every forum I have been a part of, threads become their own things after the first post where the only rules that belong come from the owner of the forum. Of course society rules and common curtesy should apply as well. Of course you made the voting possibilities for the poll, but comments have little to do with that.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Dude, nobody cares. Very few views to your thread with less than 10% participation.

Nobody cares.

dirtvictim

I would say that in every forum I have been a part of, threads become their own things after the first post where the only rules that belong come from the owner of the forum. Of course society rules and common curtesy should apply as well. Of course you made the voting possibilities for the poll, but comments have little to do with that.
Except in the case of a poll that is directly asking for specific results. Then it should stay solely focused on the subject so the results are not tainted or purposely manipulated.
Thanks for the comment though it was to the point and concise.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should be appreciative and grateful some people pay any attention to your threads and opinions.

dirtvictim

To be fair, none of your replies in this thread are on topic either…
True however since I am the OP it is up to me to monitor the thread.
If members would stay on topic then I wouldn't have to, correct?
This is part of my gripe about sales posts and the easy solution to the problem.
Replies like yours should be PMd to be fair.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn’t a “sales post” in the For Sale forum.

It is a post in the Main Forum asking a question about something that pertains to sales in the For Sale forum.

This post should be in the Non-Pool Related forum.

It has to do with ”sales”…not pool.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to comment on cues that I like a lot. I wouldn’t mind positive comments when I post something for sale. I do try to refrain, but sometimes the cue just looks too good to resist. Guilty as charged!

dirtvictim

This isn’t a “sales post” in the For Sale forum.

It is a post in the Main Forum asking a question about something that pertains to sales in the For Sale forum.

This post should be in the Non-Pool Related forum.

It has to do with ”sales”…not pool.
You must love to fail or are just stubborn. This is the public forum and contains many threads with pool related posts. This is a poll regarding sales posts of billiards related items and that is clearly understood by the majority of replies, being a billiards forum I thought that was rather obvious. However this still would apply to any sales post of any item.
Following rules is hard huh?
Please post only answers to the poll as noted or PM with other unrelated questions.
Still proving my point for me thanks.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't answer the question, another fail. My point is being made in real time.
Oblio said you don’t need a point to have a point. If you look at the reaction & reception to your posts,
it tells you forum members have little respect for your thoughts, opinions, comments, posts and threads.

Your poll so far overwhelmingly confirm you are in left field on this point and maybe should just shut up.
That’s unlikely so I’ll put it to you another way. Go start your own website if you don’t like the rules here.