Show us your cubes.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think that I got as much as I could from this one.
1668613972816.jpeg

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
No chalk handy to photograph. I use the instep of the foot method to spin the cue and watch carefully, stopping when I get the first wisps of smoke distinguishable from the haze of blue chalk dust filling the air. Alternately, I spin until the chalk gets too hot to hold.

Hu
I like to put the cube on the ground and pinch it between my feet. Then I simply turn my cue upside down and twist it between my palms. I have found the extra weight of the cue on the cube adds a thicker layer of chalk. If I don't see a puff of blue floating away after every shot I know I didnt chalk well.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Here is mine, it's been in use for a week or two. When it gets worn to the extent that I can feel it "catching" when brushing on the chalk I leave it at the pool hall (where it is less used than 90% of the cubes in the box) and grab a new one. I buy it by the bag (of 12) for not much money locally at Goulds Home Recreation ... like they say: "chalk is cheap" :)

chalk.jpg

Dave

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15f4ebb49139bec900df182b11d83471.jpg

I don’t know how you guys keep these so flat. I brush for the most part, I’m not a borer, but this is usually where they end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some of you leave the paper sloppy on the edges. That's just wrong, like leaving spaghetti strands hanging down your chin. The paper can remove chalk as fast as you put it on. Please look above for what a properly trimmed chalk looks like. If you can't figure out how to do it yourself, hire a mohel. 🔪 (y)

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of you leave the paper sloppy on the edges. That's just wrong, like leaving spaghetti strands hanging down your chin. The paper can remove chalk as fast as you put it on. Please look above for what a properly trimmed chalk looks like. If you can't figure out how to do it yourself, hire a mohel. (y)

Just for you Bob, a little masking tape around the one per Coco’s recommendation. I might need to trim the paper again. The ferrule is not too bad, but it will get a weekly cleaning sometime today.

4dddfc8931d8284ff3b84c8e61b92f4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just for you Bob, a little masking tape around the one ...
Being an electrical person, I use electrical tape. It comes in festive colors, not just black. This is useful if you spent $30 for your chalk. Which reminds me ... I need to wrap my round chalk with yellow or orange so I can find it when it rolls under the table.