Where this dude abides...

Attachments

• pool room 01 19 23.jpg
    pool room 01 19 23.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 302

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Just stumbled across a 20 year old pic of my first home table in a previous home. I bought it in Chicago, 6 hours away but a snowstorm made the trip home a 12 hour drive in a U-haul truck. I paid $500 and it came with an ugly copper lamp that turned out to be made by a local Chicago craftsman and I sold it along with an original chrome body Brunswick dirt devil vacuum that also was part of the package. Should have kept the vacuum, it was a cool collectable but I got more than my $500 for them which made the table free. It was from the 1920's I suspect, a Brunswick Monroe or Madison maybe? It never played really great with the side bolt rail design but I always liked the look. I sold it before my last move 16 years ago.
Locksley table.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just stumbled across a 20 year old pic of my first home table in a previous home. I bought it in Chicago, 6 hours away but a snowstorm made the trip home a 12 hour drive in a U-haul truck. I paid $500 and it came with an ugly copper lamp that turned out to be made by a local Chicago craftsman and I sold it along with an original chrome body Brunswick dirt devil vacuum that also was part of the package. Should have kept the vacuum, it was a cool collectable but I got more than my $500 for them which made the table free. It was from the 1920's I suspect, a Brunswick Monroe or Madison maybe? It never played really great with the side bolt rail design but I always liked the look. I sold it before my last move 16 years ago.View attachment 688165
Wellington.
Always a Wellington.

Rip, Mr. Bond.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've posted a picture or two here and there, but I'd like to join this thread.

Pro Tip #1: Make friends with the Framing Crew Lead and share the spec diagrams on the table and light that Diamond provided to you. Get your cue out and guesstimate where the table needs to be to ensure adequate stroke room all around. Then, have them set chalk lines. Finally, have them make a distinct symbol (cross) exactly at the point the electrical outlet will go in the ceiling. Finally, take a picture, add a note and give it to the electrical crew.

Gameroom Light Location Note for Electrician.jpg

Pro Tip #2. You are not as clever or smart as you think you are. Diamond had told me to plan on running the light wiring across the top of the light and then up the suspension cables on one side or the other. If you pair the wiring run with the suspension cables, it is less noticeable. We did all that BUT did not think to be sure the hang point was on a beam, with the electrical service adjacent to that beam. So, when it came time to hang the light, the suspension cables had to be offset to hit a beam. Not what I wanted, but I do have a light. the whole thing did not come out that bad.

After Build SM.jpg

Couple more shots showing the whole room. Diamond provided me with the supplier and stain code to match the table. Since the Paragon is made of Maple, we installed a Maple beam and Maple countertops by the built-in shelving. They used the stain from Diamond's provider, and it all matches pretty good.

Looking NE SM.jpg

Looking SE SM.jpg

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well its been a year of big shakeups, divorce after 20 years, single dad for the first time ever, sold my dream home...BUT, at least I got a new Diamond out of the deal!:ROFLMAO:

Here's the room when I bought the house at the end of April....
1683826015287.png

One box at a time, The Fuzzy Duck has been reborn!
1683826163480.jpeg

1683826323268.jpeg

A few weeks later...still got some small details to fix, but pretty happy with it...

jimcharles

Just stumbled across a 20 year old pic of my first home table in a previous home. I bought it in Chicago, 6 hours away but a snowstorm made the trip home a 12 hour drive in a U-haul truck. I paid $500 and it came with an ugly copper lamp that turned out to be made by a local Chicago craftsman and I sold it along with an original chrome body Brunswick dirt devil vacuum that also was part of the package. Should have kept the vacuum, it was a cool collectable but I got more than my $500 for them which made the table free. It was from the 1920's I suspect, a Brunswick Monroe or Madison maybe? It never played really great with the side bolt rail design but I always liked the look. I sold it before my last move 16 years ago.View attachment 688165
A beautiful table!

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
That built in cellar holds over 200 bottles plus a few dozen Magnums. Right now I've got magnums of 8 Years In The Desert along with bottles of it and other Orin Swift wines. When I'm in Europe I buy Sassicaia and good French wines to bring back. For normal consumption I've got Decoy, Mondavi, KJ, Joel Gott, Louis Martini, etc... It'll probably cost me another $10K to fill it up (plus what I drink along the way :)
You should reach out to me if you think you might be coming through Germany. We live in Mainz, and have a spare room, and a Diamond table coming in 2 weeks.