show your beat up player

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone wants to see Szams, B.Boars, Tascs, and so forth. Instead lets see some older, carried them everywhere, slightly beat up, but good hitting cues that youre not afraid to enter a match with.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seventies JOSS

IMG_0194.JPG

nevermiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my old player that I just sent out for a refinish. I am probably going to put it into retirement, but not 100% yet because it plays great. Plenty of battle scars and somehow I managed to crack the butt cap. Ebony, ivory, the best looking tulipwood that I have ever seen, and silver rings:

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

nevermiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what, you are right come to think of it. I will try to find out for sure when I get the email that the cue arrived for the refinish.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
You know what, you are right come to think of it. I will try to find out for sure when I get the email that the cue arrived for the refinish.

Coloring can be very similar...the grain of the wood just doesn't fit for tulip, but does for amboyna. :D Still very pretty cue!!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Finally got this one back from the ex after someone gave him a KC cue, which he oddly really likes. Better for me!! Of course I have to clean it up and clear the nasty dingers...but what the heck...it got 20 yrs worth of battle scars. :thumbup: This one comes out when the place is crowded and full of drunks/druggies. Shaft has a tiny wobble, tip stays on the table tho'...but doesn't stop my playing buddies from trying to acquire it from me...LoL!!

All original Helmstetter 86-06:

DSCN0608.jpg

Lisa

Last edited:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Burl isn't a species. Tulipwood burl is available AFAIK. That very well may be tulipwood, I don't know. If so, it is spectacular tulipwood.

Never seen it in life...and I have looked at a LOT of tulip over the years looking for just the right piece...from every supplier listed on the internet.

If you can find it, I'd definitely be interested in the link.

fhopper

I like Points
Silver Member
I rescued this stick from a buffoon in 1986. I have never put a ding on it but it has plenty. My D12 butt only now playing with a Shannon maple shaft.

web.jpg

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old Reliable

This one has been with me for over 15 years through just about every tournament and practice session. I think I definitely owe this one a refinish in the near future after all it's done for me.

Kevin

Attachments

• Schon SL8.jpg
    Schon SL8.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 354