Sick and tired of Predator “nightmare customer service” 😠

Santin23

Registered
Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me to rise my voice against Predator Customer service.

This is my PREDATOR LE Ebony True-Splice cue. Few months ago when I was cleaning my cues, I noticed a straight mark in the butt of the cue, close to the bottom, in fact, it looks more like a crack than a scratch and it starts from the peak of the bottom veneers and goes down to the bottom ring.

I think there is a material or fabrication defect on the cue, therefore I wrote to Predator customer service but they didn’t take any responsibility, they only said “it’s not covered by the warranty”. I sent different mails but I just got the same response.​

It’s important to mention that this cue has never been played, because I wanted it as a collectible item, even it always has been in its original cue case since I bought it.

I’m very disappointed because it’s not fair to paid more than $1k for a worthless cue and just being ignored.

I had to learn in the bad way, because I’ll never will buy any other product from this brand, but I want that at least of of the bosses in the company knows what kind of crap the are selling.

If anyone has had a similar issue and has gotten a positive answer please let me know how to address this situation.

IMG_9244.jpeg

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
You bought a common production cue to keep in a case...hmmmm. Questionable choice for investment cue. Crack looks substantial and it goes right through the veneers. I would like to see a wider view from all sides.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, I just posted today how I’ve noticed cue builders do not like repairing Predator butts. This quality proves their point. How long have you had the cue, just to confirm you are the original owner for warranty purposes?

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
You bought a Predator as a investment….. you pretty much bought the Ford Taurus of cues not a Ferrari. Stick to artisans if you want investment grade cues,theres about 8 guys worth buying from the rest are a little iffy for me.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
You bought a Predator as an investment….. you pretty much bought the Ford Taurus of cues not a Ferrari. Stick to artisans if you want investment grade cues,theres about 8 guys worth buying from the rest are a little iffy for me.
I agree, the ones that are worthy are already up there to acquire if available. If you collect watches or pens you probably could be a cue collector for investment purposes. Otherwise collect what you like assuming you are not looking for a serious profit down the road.

Santin23

Registered
You bought a common production cue to keep in a case...hmmmm. Questionable choice for investment cue. Crack looks substantial and it goes right through the veneers. I would like to see a wider view from all sides.
Well, when I say “collectible” I don’t mean like a real collection cue, neither I saw it as investment. I just wanted to keep it in original condition because the cue itself I really liked it, so that’s why I never used it.

I’ll take more pictures and upload them, but that’s the only problem, the rest of the cue is in pristine conditions. I think the problem is with the varnish or the veneer, definitely it’s a material issue.

Btw, I’m not in Vancouver anymore 😆 I just moved to Calgary last year.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not calling you a liar but something sounds fishy. So you bought that cue with that big of a split and you didn’t notice it until now? That seems odd. That wouldn’t just happen sitting in a case not being used so someone got it out. That’s a major drop or something. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I play predator but I wouldn’t get some off the line production as an investment. Lol they aren’t investment cues . They are playing cues.

I guess I got lucky. my first revo cracked . I sent it back and even though they said it was my fault for changing the tip and not leaving the pad on it they gave me a new one No questions asked.

Santin23

Registered
Wow, I just posted today how I’ve noticed cue builders do not like repairing Predator butts. This quality proves their point. How long have you had the cue, just to confirm you are the original owner for warranty purposes?

I’m the original owner, even I registered the cue immediately when I bought it. Also, the dealer was very supportive, I sent all the evidence I have but Predator just said NO. I bought the cue in 2022.

This is Predator’s response…

IMG_9246.jpeg

Santin23

Registered
I’m not calling you a liar but something sounds fishy. So you bought that cue with that big of a split and you didn’t notice it until now? That seems odd. That wouldn’t just happen sitting in a case not being used so someone got it out. That’s a major drop or something. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I play predator but I wouldn’t get some off the line production as an investment. Lol they aren’t investment cues . They are playing cues.

I guess I got lucky. my first revo cracked . I sent it back and even though they said it was my fault for changing the tip and not leaving the pad on it they gave me a new one No questions asked.
Again I didn’t buy it as an investment, my bad if didn’t express well (sorry English is not my first language) when I said collectible I meant I wanted to keep it in original condition because I really like the cue and didn’t want to play with it. Anyway, I bought the cue brand new, in perfect conditions and I never played with it. I don’t really know what causes that crack, it seems like the varnish just cracked, I don’t think it’s because of the temperature because my room is dry and always temperature is regulated at 22 ºC

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I suggest you let the manufacturer know that without an equal value replacement this cue and your experience will be listed on every webpage any pool player consumer could ever visit. Also, I would let them know their cue butt quality is already being questioned on this site by not only owners but professional cue repair people and builders and include links to these reviews, to your personal experience posts. If you can get a reputable cue builder to diagnose the cause of the material failure in writing it couldn’t hurt. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Santin23

Registered
Here you go, more pics. As you can see it’s totally perfect, is just the crack. That O’ve shown

IMG_9249.jpeg
IMG_9248.jpeg
IMG_9247.jpeg

IMG_9251.jpeg

Santin23

Registered
I suggest you let the manufacturer know that without an equal value replacement this cue and your experience will be listed on every webpage any pool player consumer could ever visit. Also, I would let them know their cue butt quality is already being questioned on this site by not only owners but professional cue repair people and builders and include links to these reviews, to your personal experience posts. If you can get a reputable cue builder to diagnose the cause of the material failure in writing it couldn’t hurt. Best of luck.

That’s a good idea man, thanks for the advice. I’ll show it to one well known cue makers here in Calgary and ask him for a diagnosis.

Lucky_one2

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Fixed my Revo no questions asked. Shipping return was lightning fast. No problems with their customer service. I wish they took walk ins as I live near Jacksonville...but I get not wanting to "deal" with people face to face ;-)

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Years ago a Customer had 2- Roadline LE's that the finish was bad on. It was lifting all over both cues, giving them a somewhat opaque appearance. I called Predator, explained the situation, sent pictures and was given the go ahead to send them in. A month later they were returned with an explanation that "they were abused", there wasn't a mark on those cues other than the finish lifting. I forwarded several links from here and other Forums about the issue with the finish on these cues. They then ask for them to be returned to them, and they were refinished. Shame you have to go through this to get Companies to stand behind their products.
On a side note, I didn't sell him the cues, he purchased them from the Room in our town, which the Proprietor told him he was shit out of luck. To show his appreciation, I haven't seen him in my place in 7 years. No good deed goes unpunished. Brian.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They couldn't have a bigger tool for cust. serv. rep. than K.Newsome. She doesn't know anything and is abrasive as fk if you don't agree with her. She knows next to nothing about cues. Preds are mass produced in China and this stuff happens. They SHOULD make it right but what are you gonna do?? DON'T buy another Pred. product is what.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me to rise my voice against Predator Customer service.

This is my PREDATOR LE Ebony True-Splice cue. Few months ago when I was cleaning my cues, I noticed a straight mark in the butt of the cue, close to the bottom, in fact, it looks more like a crack than a scratch and it starts from the peak of the bottom veneers and goes down to the bottom ring.
I think there is a material or fabrication defect on the cue, therefore I wrote to Predator customer service but they didn’t take any responsibility, they only said “it’s not covered by the warranty”. I sent different mails but I just got the same response.​

It’s important to mention that this cue has never been played, because I wanted it as a collectible item, even it always has been in its original cue case since I bought it.

I’m very disappointed because it’s not fair to paid more than $1k for a worthless cue and just being ignored.

I had to learn in the bad way, because I’ll never will buy any other product from this brand, but I want that at least of of the bosses in the company knows what kind of crap the are selling.

If anyone has had a similar issue and has gotten a positive answer please let me know how to address this situation.

View attachment 754518
So was this very obviously visible crack on the butt there when you first took possession of the cue? Did you not closely inspect the cue when you first got it? It doesn’t sound like you discovered the crack and returned it immediately and I’m just curious why not?

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s a good idea man, thanks for the advice. I’ll show it to one well known cue makers here in Calgary and ask him for a diagnosis.
The issue that you have is a material/s issue. IF the butt sleeve in your cue is true ebony, it may not have been seasoned properly, prior to it's use in your cue. That crack could very well have happened, after you bought the cue. Sounds like you are at their mercy in terms of the warranty...which is unfortunate. Is there any chance that the dealer you bought the cue from would exchange it? I realize that option is a long shot, but might be worth a try.
If you don't have any luck with Predator, try the ask the cue-maker forum here at AZB. You might find someone willing to attempt the repair. Good luck, and best regards.
j2