Sick double jump

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't get me wrong....I don't use a jump cue like I used to, but for anyone who says "Jumping takes the skill out of the game", please...please show me a video of you replicating this shot. I'll wait.

Oh also, please show me where you did it first attempt, in the World 10-Ball Championships. Not practice, not a $10 money rack, not even a trick shot exhibition. On the BIGGEST stage, execute that shot.
This needs to be Roly Williams next video!

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Jump cues and jumping balls have not helped pool. One competitor plays a good safety and the other runs to get his jump cue. Very sad to see this. Even a mediocre player can jump a ball and contact the object ball. About the only time you see a kick is when the cue ball is frozen up in a safety...
Completely agree with you.........

I was about to say why do some people (I feel mostly young peeps) feel that jumping balls and short cues are impressive. I never understood the clapping with a pro or whoever for that matter uses a shorty. I never in my life clapped or felt impressed when I saw a guy using a short-cue and making a ball, to me its an easy way out.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was about to say why do some people (I feel mostly young peeps) feel that jumping balls and short cues are impressive. I never understood the clapping with a pro or whoever for that matter uses a shorty. I never in my life clapped or felt impressed when I saw a guy using a short-cue and making a ball, to me its an easy way out.
Why is it that old farts are always whining about jump cues? Lol

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See, that how jump cues and jumping balls have helped pool. It's change the preception of what a 'good' safety actually is. Simply slopping an obstruction in the general vicinity of the shooting lane isn't a good safety anymore. Players need to bear down and not only produce a quality shot but also factor in the multitude of new options players with a better assortment of skills may choose.

I'll admit... I would have never expected a player to attempt a 'double jump' like Jesus did. He definitely would have fouled me on that one. I'd guess that his opponent thought he'd be fine if he got the 3 behind another group of balls. Bet he won't make that mistake again....lol
You say towmato. I say tomatoe.. I see your point it goes both ways. But I am old school and stuck pleasantly in the past!! Lol!!

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a question, how do we know that it was intentional, not intended as a normal jump that ended up landing early then bouncing again? Did he announce before he did it that he intended it to do that?
I ask because I showed this to a friend and it was his reaction. I honestly couldn’t say he 100% intended it because I didn’t 100% know he did.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
That's incredible. Amazing to just hit the ball one the first try... then in a tournament... and MAKE it.

Unreal.

Hoogaar

Registered
Just a question, how do we know that it was intentional, not intended as a normal jump that ended up landing early then bouncing again? Did he announce before he did it that he intended it to do that?
I ask because I showed this to a friend and it was his reaction. I honestly couldn’t say he 100% intended it because I didn’t 100% know he did.
Did you watch the video? He lined up and pointed to exactly where the ball was going to bounce for the 2nd hop. The commentators knew what he was going to do...how could you doubt that was not exactly what he was trying to do?

I mean if you can't say he "100% intended" to do that, what other possible shot do you think he could have tried there?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'

I generally agree with your posts, so with this being an exception I thought I'd respond.

I'm indifferent to jump specific cues. Much like I don't care if a player uses a dedicated breaker with extra weight and a stone taped to the end. ...Or a cue extension so they don't have to gain proficiency with a mechanical bridge. The way I see it. There's usually no rule about jumping, and using something as short and light as a dedicated jumper greatly lowers the risk of damaging the cloth. I gringe when I see someone jack up with a player in hopes of jumping a ball.

So with that said. I don't measure the quality of a shot based on the equipment used. If Jesus performed the same shot with his player. I wouldn't be anymore impressed.

I can say I've never clapped after a guy successfully performed a lack luster safe shot. Freeze up to a blocking ball and you have my attention.

It's unfortunate people knock jump cues as the 'easy way out', but completely ignore the fact that the jump is on because the player before mailed in his effort at the safe.

CanadianGuy

Predator has some decent prize money in this tourney and sponsors a fair amount of players
Predator sells jump cues

embrace the changes

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you watch the video? He lined up and pointed to exactly where the ball was going to bounce for the 2nd hop. The commentators knew what he was going to do...how could you doubt that was not exactly what he was trying to do?

I mean if you can't say he "100% intended" to do that, what other possible shot do you think he could have tried there?
The video I saw didn’t show that, thanks I’ll check it out.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not as impressive as I didnt put a draw on cueball but I guess this will do :) I wanted to try the shot when I saw it yesterday, after 4-5 failed attempts with full cue (my jumps were too low to clear the second ball) I unscrewed the end of butt on my Propel and the shot went in on the first try :)
That's nice. That means in a no stress environment, you got it on your 5th or 6th attempt after figuring out what equipment to use. It also means you accomplished this from about 2' closer, without controlling your cueball. What exactly did you accomplish with this video?

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a time people here actually encouraged improvement and had fun with vids like this. I guess times changed. Dont worry,i wont bother you anymore😎
If that's what you were posting congrats. You quoted my post and made it sound like it was easily accomplished so in my eyes I thought you were trying to fuel the "anyone can do it" rhetoric...for that I apologize. This is still a place that will encourage people, I think it was just misapplied quoting based on the conversation that was happening.

dbyrd2654

Watch it again, Jesus pointed where he intended to land so that the cue ball had room to bounce over the second ball.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member