Sick double jump

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Atencio just made this sick double jump.

1648606948515.png

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't get me wrong....I don't use a jump cue like I used to, but for anyone who says "Jumping takes the skill out of the game", please...please show me a video of you replicating this shot. I'll wait.

Oh also, please show me where you did it first attempt, in the World 10-Ball Championships. Not practice, not a $10 money rack, not even a trick shot exhibition. On the BIGGEST stage, execute that shot.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't get me wrong....I don't use a jump cue like I used to, but for anyone who says "Jumping takes the skill out of the game", please...please show me a video of you replicating this shot. I'll wait.

Oh also, please show me where you did it first attempt, in the World 10-Ball Championships. Not practice, not a $10 money rack, not even a trick shot exhibition. On the BIGGEST stage, execute that shot.
mic drop there

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump cues and jumping balls have not helped pool. One competitor plays a good safety and the other runs to get his jump cue. Very sad to see this. Even a mediocre player can jump a ball and contact the object ball. About the only time you see a kick is when the cue ball is frozen up in a safety...

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
His opponent this match had a particularly bad night. I wonder if he would have gone for this if he played stronger. Crazy good shot either way.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meh...he's been playing on that table for days.

When he does like Mike Davis did...first shot of the firstt match of the day, then we can sayJ
JESUS!

that is one bad dude. Tearing it up!

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Jump cues and jumping balls have not helped pool. One competitor plays a good safety and the other runs to get his jump cue. Very sad to see this. Even a mediocre player can jump a ball and contact the object ball. About the only time you see a kick is when the cue ball is frozen up in a safety...
See, that how jump cues and jumping balls have helped pool. It's change the preception of what a 'good' safety actually is. Simply slopping an obstruction in the general vicinity of the shooting lane isn't a good safety anymore. Players need to bear down and not only produce a quality shot but also factor in the multitude of new options players with a better assortment of skills may choose.

I'll admit... I would have never expected a player to attempt a 'double jump' like Jesus did. He definitely would have fouled me on that one. I'd guess that his opponent thought he'd be fine if he got the 3 behind another group of balls. Bet he won't make that mistake again....lol

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
That's almost certainly one of the top 20 shots made in a tournament on the TV table of all time. I've seen some wild stuff, but a double jump is pretty spectacular. I don't think you need to be a pool player to appreciate that shot!

-td

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's almost certainly one of the top 20 shots made in a tournament on the TV table of all time. I've seen some wild stuff, but a double jump is pretty spectacular. I don't think you need to be a pool player to appreciate that shot!

-td
I agree. I wouldn't say this shot was ranked up there with Vandenburg's 2012 Mosconi Cup jump shot using the tall Bridge, but it's a good one.

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you are right, a mediocre player can jump "A ball" with the right amount of distance. This right here is not one of those cases. I for one am not big on jumping anymore either as many times a kick will be more productive if you do not believe you can pocket the shot....but to say it takes no skill to do something like this is jealousy because you can not execute it...not proof that they shouldn't be allowed.