Side bets in APA

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
Can I side bet my opponent like race to 4-5 nine ball while we go for our balls? Or is it stated in the rules that I can’t?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Can I side bet my opponent like race to 4-5 nine ball while we go for our balls? Or is it stated in the rules that I can’t?
...and yes you can if you want. It's not like there's a gun to your head. However, I guess if the LO is a douche and you're public about your side bet. Then there is a rule they could opt to enforce.

All that said, I'm willing to take some action on you already knowing the answer before creating the thread. Hopefully the APA won't barr me...lol

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
APA sucks though, so
For the life of me I can't understand why people insist on being negative toward something that has absolutely no affect on them whatsoever. For millions of people APA is a fun way to escape and get together with friends and family and bang some balls around. It never claims to be great pool or an avenue to becoming the next SVB. I'll never understand the constant hate league pool gets on this site. It's probably one of the main reasons people don't participate as much or at all anymore here. The superiority complex all of you degenerate, get off my lawn, gambling is the only way to get better, diamond or GC 1 only snobs gets nauseating. You want to know what's wrong with pool and why it's dying? The pretentious God complex non-league players have toward noobs or bangers. It's just pool, no one is curing cancer if they can or can't run 5 balls.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you play APA now? They don't do races; they go by balls made depending on your skill level for nine-ball.

you can technically play real racks of nine ball while also doing the ball counting for APA. The bets are on who makes the nine each rack and the APA scores are on who wins the ball count. The only real issue I see is you really don't know how many racks you need to play in order to reach the ball counts, however I am sure that can be worked out.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the life of me I can't understand why people insist on being negative toward something that has absolutely no affect on them whatsoever. For millions of people APA is a fun way to escape and get together with friends and family and bang some balls around. It never claims to be great pool or an avenue to becoming the next SVB. I'll never understand the constant hate league pool gets on this site. It's probably one of the main reasons people don't participate as much or at all anymore here. The superiority complex all of you degenerate, get off my lawn, gambling is the only way to get better, diamond or GC 1 only snobs gets nauseating. You want to know what's wrong with pool and why it's dying? The pretentious God complex non-league players have toward noobs or bangers. It's just pool, no one is curing cancer if they can or can't run 5 balls.
You don't know anything about me so you make all these presumptions. I said it sucks, it's my opinion. I won't try to tell you your opinion. Tell me, is there an APA player on the planet that knows the rules to 9 ball? Nothing wrong with playing in leagues, but making up their own game rules to make beginners think they have a better chance to win does nothing for pool. APA sucks!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Tell me, is there an APA player on the planet that knows the rules to 9 ball?
SVB played APA leagues in his youth and I believe Skyler did too. You could research and probably find some more pros that started that way.

I don't know you from Adam, but it's probably safe to say there are plenty of APA players that can play your speed. Probably some better.

No need for condescending comments. My momma taught me to not say anything if I can't say anything nice. I guess you didn't get that lesson.

Enjoy the rest of your professional career, Champ.

Maniac (growing weary of people's stupid shit)

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you gamble in the APA you will be shunned....and they will take your patches and 5 inch trophies.
Funny. But what's even more funny is that there is a whole world of people who enjoy those patches and 5 inch trophies (mine are more like 14 or 15 inches, but some are 5 and I think 5 is funny too), and a whole world of people who are turned off by gambling (ironic that our biggest events are held in Las Vegas, I know, but that's where the economies of scale are). The intersection of those two sets is still HUGE, and our target audience falls somewhere within that group. Anyone who does not fall within that group and is not a professional player is still welcome, but they'll have to find some reward for playing that doesn't come from the reward structure itself (like a good time with friends, or a chance to be the big dog on the block, whatever floats your boat). Otherwise, they probably shouldn't play. We're ok with that, and this reply isn't directed at you, because I know you are too.