SIMONIS 860 cloth cleaner

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone suggest the best cloth cleaner for removing chalk dust.
I really dont like to vacuum as I think it stretches the cloth. Has anyone
used the Mcdermott cleaner

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vacuuming works fine for me as long as the vacuum does not have a roller.
I also rub the cloth down pretty good with a damp, wrung out white terrycloth hand towel.
It's amazing how blue that towel gets even after a thorough vacuuming.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A shop vac with a 6 inch brush attachment works great. Occasionally, a quite damp large cloth or towel works very well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My local room uses a Simonis X-1 for daily use. Works great. Really surprised how much dirt/chalk comes off using it.Considering what people pay for cues/tips/access. the $100 for one isn't out of line imo.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don´t wanna vacuum but that is best cleaner anyways. Vacuum + damp cloth + Taom Pyro = clean hands, clean balls and clean cloth.
Dunno about X-1 but my fellow table mechanic told me that he was not impressed. He suggests same receipt what i do.
Also when we re-cloth our private club tables 1 time per year. There is absolutely zero chalk under cloth when I remove old one.

Only damp cloth after every session of play + vacuum now and then is good too. If your cloth is getting loose it is more due installing cloth too loose on first place.

Reactions: bbb

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don´t wanna vacuum but that is best cleaner anyways. Vacuum + damp cloth + Taom Pyro = clean hands, clean balls and clean cloth.
Dunno about X-1 but my fellow table mechanic told me that he was not impressed. He suggests same receipt what i do.
Also when we re-cloth our private club tables 1 time per year. There is absolutely zero chalk under cloth when I remove old one.

Only damp cloth after every session of play + vacuum now and then is good too. If your cloth is getting loose it is more due installing cloth too loose on first place.
X-1 won't get what's under cloth but it will get the chalk thats' in/on it. I use the one the 'hall all the time and the table looks like you vacuumed it after use. You DO have to keep it clean. I think a lot who have tried one don't realize just how much it gets off and thus has to be cleaned out.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am not impressed with the X1 either.
I have one.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, I believe through many years of trial and error that a mildly damp clean cotton cloth that is wiped very softly ( not rubbing hard into the cloth at all) over each quadrant of the table cloth and turning your damp wiping cloth to a new clean section over each quadrant of the table will yield best results.

So, fold a damp clean cotton washcloth (12X12) into a square- this gives you now eight sides to use ( back and front of the washcloth) - go over each quadrant of the table cloth twice - do this daily, weekly, at the least- after doing this for a few instances your second wiping of each quadrant should show very little residue on the cloth- also do the cushion area cloth with each quadrant.

a clean cloth means that you have a clean table- it is that simple- if the cloth is proper dampness and the room has less than 50% humidity- the table cloth will be playable almost immediately after the wipe down is complete- 5 minutes work does it- forget chemicals- not needed.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
If your cloth is pulled tight & right, the proper vac head piece should not lift.
If your using one that can pick up a bowling ball/NOT.
What is of extreme importance is chalk powder. Chalk powder works it's way quickly thru the fabic too the slate surface & builds up.
By making the no vac choice, your going to add, allot of debris between play surface and slate.