Life was a lot less complicated then...

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 260

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You lived in the best place during the best era for the most privileged demographic in the history of the modern world. Of course everything is going to seem less complicated.

Personally I will take todays world in a heartbeat, for example, routine life saving surgeries, global connectivity and generalized cultural empathy that wasn’t available 50 years ago.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was as a lot less complicated, if you had enough $ to have that set up. Them’s rich folks right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could be missing something but nothing in the picture indicates wealth to me. Basically, the room looks like the Foreman's basement from That 70's Show with a cheap Sears pool table with fold-up legs.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
You lived in the best place during the best era for the most privileged demographic in the history of the modern world. Of course everything is going to seem less complicated.

Personally I will take todays world in a heartbeat, for example, routine life saving surgeries, global connectivity and generalized cultural empathy that wasn’t available 50 years ago.

Frankly, “global connectivity and cultural empathy” are WAY the fuck overrated and have contributed to the tail spin the world is in.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

True,but we didn't know any better.
It was better back then I think and I was 26 50 years ago.

wilhelm

Pfftt. You can keep it along with the drug addiction, alcoholism, thru-the-roof suicide rates, divorce, trannies, pedos, homelesness, shit on the sidewalks... No need to go on. I'm beginning to think that the ones opting for the smith and wesson retirement plan are the few sane people left in this clown world shit show.

Pardon the negativity, I'm off to the liquor store.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pfftt. You can keep it along with the drug addiction, alcoholism, thru-the-roof suicide rates, divorce, trannies, pedos, homelesness, shit on the sidewalks... No need to go on. I'm beginning to think that the ones opting for the smith and wesson retirement plan are the few sane people left in this clown world shit show.

Pardon the negativity, I'm off to the liquor store.
You think that everything you listed above wasn't a problem or didn't exist 50 years ago? :LOL:

The only thing that changed is the visibility of these issues via media and the internet. They aren't new problems.

It was easier to stay prejudice and segregated because as measuremen pointed out "we didn't know better". It would be sad to choose to return to ignorance purposefully.

Things are better now.

Added: Ending your own life is the number one worst thing you can do spiritually. I suggest you instead move abroad and live in a more peaceful way.

Last edited:

wilhelm

You think that everything you listed above wasn't a problem or didn't exist 50 years ago? :LOL:

The only thing that changed is the visibility of these issues via media and the internet. They aren't new problems.

It was easier to stay prejudice and segregated because as measuremen pointed out "we didn't know better". It would be sad to choose to return to ignorance purposefully.

Things are better now.

Added: Ending your own life is the number one worst thing you can do spiritually. I suggest you instead move abroad and live in a more peaceful way.
Sure, every society has had maladaptives, misfits, deviants, freaks, or whatever. Today however, it is a matter of quantity; those who can't see -or willingly turn a blind eye- to the grim reality of the world are not just beyond helping, they're a part of the problem. You seem to think this is a laughing matter, but I can assure you: we're all about to find out the hard way. You won't remember what laughing is before long.

I suppose the streets of Philly have always been littered with outright zombies drugged out of their minds. And SF's sidewalks were covered in human excrement 100 years ago. And deviants have been sticking their junk in each others rear ends in the halls of government. Who can forget all those "trans" kids, bearded ladies, and freaks of every kind who grew up in the 1920's?

I'm not in the habit of taking advise from strangers. I haven't been state-side in years and don't plan on going back any time soon, but if you think things are any better elsewhere then perhaps you need to get out some. I do hope you enjoy living in a crumbling society run by maniacs and (mostly) inhabited by the sorriest bunch of grifters in history (those here excluded, of course). Hey, at least it's "modern".

Last edited: