Small Hole SW Joint Pin

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Has anyone seen or have a pre 88' SW cue with an original joint pin that has a small whole in the top like the one in his pic? What year did the small hole pins start?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 326

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Anyone???... know when SW started using joint pins with the small hole?....

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I was told even before they started numbering the pins in 1993 that if you saw a cue with a big,oversized center-drilled hole,that there was a STRONG possibility it was a Kersenbrock,or at least one he had some connection to.

It was also said that the precisely driilled versions were almost always Jerry's. Tommy D.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I was told even before they started numbering the pins in 1993 that if you saw a cue with a big,oversized center-drilled hole,that there was a STRONG possibility it was a Kersenbrock,or at least one he had some connection to.

It was also said that the precisely driilled versions were almost always Jerry's. Tommy D.

Though David did use pins with the big hole, so did the SW shop in the 80's.

I know David helped out in the SW shop sometime between 84' and 88' and I can remember those cues that I saw, like the authenticated SW I have from 87' as well, having a big hole. They might have even been from Davids orignal shop that Jerry had.

When I worked at The Chicago Board of Trade from 85' to 89' I saw a lot of SW and Kersenbrocks because John Wright used to work there as well until late 87' or thereabouts and would bring his 12x24 dealer case with him frequently with a new batch of cues. I believe ALL the cues I saw of his, SW & Kersenbrock (alleged), had the pig hole pin.

I'm just trying to see if anybody had a cue built in that same time frame or even earlier that had a SMALL hole like the picture I and PoodlePuncher posted.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just trying to see if anybody had a cue built in that same time frame or even earlier that had a SMALL hole like the picture I and PoodlePuncher posted.

Not me.

I have a 9 pointer made by SW in 1987.

Big hole (opening in the pin).

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Just found this thread.
I have an ‘85 (loa) with small hole.
I also have an ‘83 confirmed by DPK to be his, with big hole.
I’ve also heard the big hole was used by both parties. Jerry would use Dave’s surplus pins while working together.
I have a pic somewhere with all 3 holes I’ll try to find and post.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It could be a tailstock center hole
Or it could be an Allen hole and used to torque the pin into the stick--if it has 6 sides (not clear on the picture) it is an Allen hole.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It could be a tailstock center hole
Or it could be an Allen hole and used to torque the pin into the stick--if it has 6 sides (not clear on the picture) it is an Allen hole.
My thought too...not 100% clear in the pic, but looks like 6 sided? Pic in post #9...