Smoke Free rooms in Florida

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Dave n Busters are all smoke free, as are Gatsby's. Brian Boru's in Lake Worth. All bar tables there. Corner Pocket in Wilton Manor's. Anyone know of any others in the area? I know of a great one in Foscoe NC also, but it's a long drive to practice for a few hours :p

JIMMY L

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RascalDoc said:
Dave n Busters are all smoke free, as are Gatsby's. Brian Boru's in Lake Worth. All bar tables there. Corner Pocket in Wilton Manor's. Anyone know of any others in the area? I know of a great one in Foscoe NC also, but it's a long drive to practice for a few hours :p

Uncle Waldo's Billiards
2454 S Nova Rd
S Daytona,Fl 32119
386-760-7006

We have been smoke since July 2001 I think that is when the law was passed

Attachments

• waldos 002.jpg
    waldos 002.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 289

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
yup

Waldo's said:
Uncle Waldo's Billiards
2454 S Nova Rd
S Daytona,Fl 32119
386-760-7006

We have been smoke since July 2001 I think that is when the law was passed
Awful lot of rooms "get around" the rule though saying their income is not based on food sales somehow. Your are on my list to visit next time I am up that way though anyway. This is just another reason :wink:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
RascalDoc said:

I knew you would be on the ball today:thumbup:

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
oh well

I had hoped for some more locations and am bumping this in case anyone missed it ... Thanks :wink:

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qball Billiards in Jacksonville, FL is smoke free. Relatively new room, all Brunswick Metro tables with 4 1/2" pockets and Simonis 860 I think (play great!). Only been there once, but I want to say they had 10 8' and 10 9' tables, maybe a few bar tables, a private party room, etc. Fellow AZ'er Neil Fujiwara is the house pro there.
Scott

champ2107

Banned
everything in ontario is smoke free :) and as a smoker i would say this is a good thing. no more smoke filled rooms/bars u get used to it and i am happy for the law even though i smoke :)

Last edited:

wayne_ward

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Support the rooms....

I love the Non smoking rooms. Everyone should support the non smoking room. Nice clean equipment. Your lungs will thank you...JMO

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Corner pocket in Orlando is divided in half - one side is the non smoking section - the other side is the smoking section.

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Atlantic Billiards in Royal Palm Beach, Florida is smoke free and has several Diamond 9 footers and real good food within walking distance.:D

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
North Carolina will be smoke free January 2010. From what I read they can't be private clubs to get around the ruling either.

In a way I love the ban because some rooms I go to have no exhaust fans so it is way too smokey in there. On the other hand I hate it because the owners will lose business from the 20% that smoke.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
North Carolina will be smoke free January 2010. From what I read they can't be private clubs to get around the ruling either.

In a way I love the ban because some rooms I go to have no exhaust fans so it is way too smokey in there. On the other hand I hate it because the owners will lose business from the 20% that smoke.

If it is a ban across the board, those 20% have got to go somewhere, don't they?

acedotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, none of the rooms I play in or bars where my pool league team ventures are smoke free. For this, my wife expects me to quit playing. "Get serious," I tell her. She read somewhere on Web MD that those who regularly expose themselves to second-hand smoke increase their risk of heart attack by 69%. Thanks a lot. And I quit smoking after 30 years back in 1990 right after burying my cancer-ridden father.

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
where in florida

Unfortunately, none of the rooms I play in or bars where my pool league team ventures are smoke free. For this, my wife expects me to quit playing. "Get serious," I tell her. She read somewhere on Web MD that those who regularly expose themselves to second-hand smoke increase their risk of heart attack by 69%. Thanks a lot. And I quit smoking after 30 years back in 1990 right after burying my cancer-ridden father.

do you play? Your wife is probably right. There are plenty of studies showinf damage from second hand smoke. I quit smoking about 25 yrs ago myself. I am not going to quit pool for sure but when I have a choice will pick a smoke free room QUICK.

APA Gene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hot Shots in Sunrise on University just north of Oakland Park Blvd is smoke free now! Whoo Whoo!