sneaky pete

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm trying to decide on a sneaky between Bob Frey and Rick Howard any opinions on these two builders thanks again.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it comes to sneaky's it's Keith Josey all the way.
I have two Scruggs sneakys, one old and another newer, and it's Josey all the way.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm trying to decide on a sneaky between Bob Frey and Rick Howard any opinions on these two builders thanks again.

Unless name is important to you, the truth is they all build good cues. In the SP class you could get one from a guy in your own home town no one has ever heard of and have a great cue.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are about500 threads on this topic already.

Starting a new thread does less good than bad...serving only one's laziness.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just picked up a Frey sneaky. It's a great cue. It has a solid feel and a stiff hit. The balance feels just right to me. The finish is first rate. I can't tell you anything about the other maker but I do think Frey makes a first rate sneaky. In my humble opinion you can't go wrong but it all just comes down to personal preference. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ernie Martinez makes an amazing SP cue. The hit is sooo nice. Frey knows his stuff too. Best to see if somebody has one that you can try IMHO.

Good luck with your search and may you find the one that suits you. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
My vote would be for a Bob Frey, just picked up a 60" sneaky of his a few weeks ago, I have owned a ton of cues, just look at my itrader, and I can seriously say I am done. Don't want anything else, Frey is perfect. Only way I might change down the road is to try one of his fancier cues but I don't see that happening.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You probably can't go wrong with either. I have 2 Howard sneakies and they both play top notch. Rick's cues are very easy to play with IMO, very little adjustment needed I've found.

Frey's are very popular as you know. They are a bit pricey for me, so go knock that gkloop guy to drop his prices :smile:

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have Bob Frey sneaky. It immediately became my player. It just feels right to me. I've owned and played with some of the better production cues (Pechauer, Joss, Jacoby and Schon) and never felt so in tune with my cue. Everyone that hits with it smiles and they keep hitting balls. I have a few standing offers if I ever want to sell it.

Attachments

• Frey sneaky.jpg
    Frey sneaky.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 670

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Action brand sneaky butt with a Scruggs shaft. Actually I have two Scruggs shafts for it.

Secret weapon. Seriously well playing cue. :D

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
sneakies

I had my best years playing with a Meucci sneaky made in the '80s, till it was stolen.

Replaced it with a Frey which I foolishly sold about seven years later because I was offered more than three times what I paid.

Other sneakies that I've enjoyed playing with include Huebler, Predator, Pechauer and OB...

MediocrityNC

Ring game?
Silver Member
I had a Frey sneaky, and own a Rick Howard titlist that I had converted by him. The Frey had a slightly softer hit IMO, but did play very well. The Howard I own, and the ones I've tried, are very solid and play perfect for my preference.

Rick has a fast turn around, priced cheaply for what you get, and plays as good or better then any other cue I've tried with a 3/8x11 pin.