So I decided to play this Ghost you speak of

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Went out to the pool hall to get my mind off of possibly being laid off in the next few weeks as practicing can get my mind off of anything, but practicing. About an hour into it I realized that I was just going through the motions and not taking shots seriously enough. I changed my tune and started making run outs and decided that I needed some more competition.

I kept hearing about this great player only known as The Ghost on this forum. Well low and behold I look across the room and I see this really pale looking dude (almost transparent) holding a case. I walk up and say "what ya got in that case?" to which he gravely says "in this case....doom" with a grin. I immediately turn around and rip a fart in his face telling him to rack em up. I break and run the first rack and he doesn't even say "nice out". Oooh this guy is getting on my nerves. He takes the next two racks without saying a word. I then come back to even it up 2-2 with a nice carom shot off the 2, potting the 5 and making perfect shape back on the 2 via long rail bank. Still not a word.

As luck would have it the bartender had to close up shop right when I knocked in the 9 because of an emergency. I have a feeling I will see him back for more. This time I'm asking for the weight he seems to give everyone with BIH after the break.
 
gunzby said:
Went out to the pool hall to get my mind off of possibly being laid off in the next few weeks as practicing can get my mind off of anything, but practicing. About an hour into it I realized that I was just going through the motions and not taking shots seriously enough. I changed my tune and started making run outs and decided that I needed some more competition.

I kept hearing about this great player only known as The Ghost on this forum. Well low and behold I look across the room and I see this really pale looking dude (almost transparent) holding a case. I walk up and say "what ya got in that case?" to which he gravely says "in this case....doom" with a grin. I immediately turn around and rip a fart in his face telling him to rack em up. I break and run the first rack and he doesn't even say "nice out". Oooh this guy is getting on my nerves. He takes the next two racks without saying a word. I then come back to even it up 2-2 with a nice carom shot off the 2, potting the 5 and making perfect shape back on the 2 via long rail bank. Still not a word.

As luck would have it the bartender had to close up shop right when I knocked in the 9 because of an emergency. I have a feeling I will see him back for more. This time I'm asking for the weight he seems to give everyone with BIH after the break.
Don't be surprised when he stiffs you. I know for a fact that he shoots with air-barrels. But it's still rewarding to beat him.
 
gunzby said:
Went out to the pool hall to get my mind off of possibly being laid off in the next few weeks as practicing can get my mind off of anything, but practicing. About an hour into it I realized that I was just going through the motions and not taking shots seriously enough. I changed my tune and started making run outs and decided that I needed some more competition.

I kept hearing about this great player only known as The Ghost on this forum. Well low and behold I look across the room and I see this really pale looking dude (almost transparent) holding a case. I walk up and say "what ya got in that case?" to which he gravely says "in this case....doom" with a grin. I immediately turn around and rip a fart in his face telling him to rack em up. I break and run the first rack and he doesn't even say "nice out". Oooh this guy is getting on my nerves. He takes the next two racks without saying a word. I then come back to even it up 2-2 with a nice carom shot off the 2, potting the 5 and making perfect shape back on the 2 via long rail bank. Still not a word.

As luck would have it the bartender had to close up shop right when I knocked in the 9 because of an emergency. I have a feeling I will see him back for more. This time I'm asking for the weight he seems to give everyone with BIH after the break.


I truely hope this doesnt happen.....I really hate to hear that your having to worry about that....Ive been there and its not fun:frown: ....
 
Big C said:
Don't be surprised when he stiffs you. I know for a fact that he shoots with air-barrels...

And when he does stiff you, come on here and complain about getting stiffed, how much of a joke gambling money on pool games is today, and refuse to name names.

Feel free to inform us how bad you beat him, and don't forget to embellish your accomplishments, as nobody will be logging on to contradict your performance.
 
ftgokie said:
I truely hope this doesnt happen.....I really hate to hear that your having to worry about that....Ive been there and its not fun:frown: ....

Well I just found out that I'm safe which is a nice load off of my shoulders. I'll get bumped out of my job into a lower paying, and from what I heard much more stressful job but I am still there. My brother is not so sure which is rough because he's been there nearly 10 years. Pretty much every single person they've hired and rehired since the last time they laid ppl off in 2001 are gone plus some more.

It's gotten to be so stressful being there not knowing I'm actually surprised nothing tragic has happened. I mentioned that the company heads need to man up and just tell people what's going to happen instead of sitting on their hands.
 
Gregg said:
And when he does stiff you, come on here and complain about getting stiffed, how much of a joke gambling money on pool games is today, and refuse to name names.

Feel free to inform us how bad you beat him, and don't forget to embellish your accomplishments, as nobody will be logging on to contradict your performance.

LoL oooooh this time I will name names
I'm gonna finish off the race to 7 the way I thought it was playing the ghost (dry break, you lose and no BiH after break) to see how I do. I'll play another set with BiH after break and see how I do and then have a sudden death tie breaker game if needed.

It would be funny if I stood at the table arguing with an imaginary player about getting stiffed.

*edit* I don't mind people contradicting my performance as I've had people do that who have never met me. When it comes to things like that I'm fine with it because I know that I did it and that's all that really matters. I had to deal with that in power lifting all the time.....particularly with people swearing I was using steroids. They were convinced that I was because they were using and still couldn't out lift me. I knew I wasn't and that's all that mattered to me.
 
Last edited:
Glad to hear you still have a job. Went through that a month ago here, and might be doing it again.

Whenever I get to the poolhall, the Ghost is never there. He either just left, or won't be there until after I leave, so I end up just playing against the table. Maybe for the best, I hear he has never paid out on any of his action anyway.
 
Back
Top