So I got a nice little Craiglist treat...

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I think...


Any who, I got a free table. It's old. Decent enough shape for a restore project, but I know have a gold crown, a valley with ridge back rails, AND this table. Think I'm going to donate it to a needy pool player unless it's some super rare table that will bring a ton dough in. If it is, I will donate my other two, sell this and buy a diamond. (I'm guessing it's fairly worthless, and it's in pretty rough shape...) The original owner was the grand father of the guy that I got it from. They blocked off the ball return, and add drop pockets. and other than that abused and used the snot out of it for the last 50-70 years, and 3-4 generations of family.... Pretty cool stuff, but I have one too many, so unless it's worth something, I'm going to donate it to some one in need of a project...


PICS!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130721_142252_605.jpg
    IMG_20130721_142252_605.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_20130721_142201_255 (1).jpg
    IMG_20130721_142201_255 (1).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_20130721_142240_016.jpg
    IMG_20130721_142240_016.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_20130721_142225_002.jpg
    IMG_20130721_142225_002.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_20130721_142521_857.jpg
    IMG_20130721_142521_857.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 956
So after recieving a ton of PM's I did some research. This is actually a pretty cool table. I believe it to be a "Regina" table. They are actually really pretty once restored. Here's a couple links.

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/antique_tables/regina4or6leg.html

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=232500

http://www.billiardrestoration.com/Antique-Pool-Tables/regina.htm


Pretty cool stuff! Wish I had time and money to do a proper restore, but I need to build a gold crown, and do some other stuff.
 
Jeeziz! You mad at yourself?!!?

Kinda...

I've seriously got way too much on my plate right now. I wish I had the time to take this on, or the dough to pay for a restore job. I know if I keep it, it will just end up sitting in storage, and I already have two other tables...

Maybe I should just get a few more pool tables, and open a little pool room??? :D:D:D
 
Wow. That table is awesome. I take it that one is a 9 foot? 10 foot would be super cool.

It would look amazing restored. Hopefully you can get it in the hands of someone that will give it the proper love. That is a real jewel.
 
I sent you a PM earlier, I'm very interested. I believe the table has value even in that rough condition. More than willing to pay(a fair price) and pickup. But I applaud you for wanting to find it a good home for free.

I'm a wood worker myself and two of my immediate family members are furniture builders/restorers.

I also spent nearly a decade installing, repairing and rebuilding pool tables. Many of which were antiques.

I absolutely will bring this table back and use it. I'm tableless right now.
 
I sent you a PM earlier, I'm very interested. I believe the table has value even in that rough condition. More than willing to pay(a fair price) and pickup. But I applaud you for wanting to find it a good home for free.

I'm a wood worker myself and two of my immediate family members are furniture builders/restorers.

I also spent nearly a decade installing, repairing and rebuilding pool tables. Many of which were antiques.

I absolutely will bring this table back and use it. I'm tableless right now.

Sorry, I guess I didn't send the PM I typed up last night. It's sent now.
 
Back
Top