So What Does One Do When They Don't Have a Decent Local Mechanic...?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Me neither, wish there was a room in my area that had them, just wonder if that design is the best one for a place where the cloth gets a lot of play and doesn't get changed for a year or more.
I guess "a lot of play" is relative... In the recent example I'm pulling from. The condition of the bulk of the tables was brutal. What wasn't terrible were merely passable. They had not been refreshed since before the same annual event the year before. Since my exposure to this room is nearly on an annual basis. I was in awe of how bad they were considering the effort that was made the year prior. The two tables that were passable were in a different section of the room, and it was very apparent that the traffic they saw was considerably less and 'cherry picked' by the owners.

I don't know how often room owner "should" change their cloth. As a player I'm going to complain unless it's near perfect...lol. The only somewhat unique characteristic of a Diamond is the deep shelf. With all other things being equal. I wouldn't discount their product because it warrants a little extra attention.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Ive played on a 4" Diamond and it was honestly unplayable when it's worn out. It just rejects everything, even well hit balls.

When it's clean and the cloth is in good shape it does play sweet.

Zerksies

I'm a perfectionist and I'd rather learn how to do it myself. It's the only reason why i put on my own tips