SoHo Billiards

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know anything about this room? I'm new to the area, looking for maybe a solid weekly game (this is not an "action" request). I'm walking distance of this place. Looking for $25/set or $50/long set. Looking for a regular to play once a week, maybe even twice. Looking just to play. I'm an A in the tristate, play like a B+.

Is this room worthless and should I just head to Amsterdam?

Corey

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know anything about this room? I'm new to the area, looking for maybe a solid weekly game (this is not an "action" request). I'm walking distance of this place. Looking for $25/set or $50/long set. Looking for a regular to play once a week, maybe even twice. Looking just to play. I'm an A in the tristate, play like a B+.

Corey

It's decent. I have quite a few friends that are regulars there. Brunswick Gold Crown IIIs with smaller pockets than standard. Management there is very nice. You can also consider heading up to Society Billiards. I'm there fairly often (along with a few other players) and we all welcome small action.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Corey

You have better odds of getting $25/50 action at soho then Amsterdam. But tables at Amsterdam are better.

I'll play you some cheap sets if you like. I'm pretty bad.

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Society seems like a simple enough subway ride. Never even heard of the place - looks nice.

That being said, I'm happy to play anyone. $25 short sets or $50 long sets all day. The better the player, the better. Please PM me. I'd rather arrange a session, agree to a length of time, and go from there, rather than waiting around and nonsense.

FastManners

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds Good

Welcome to New York.

I barely gamble, but I would be up for some cheap sets. I play as an A on the Tri State as well.
Amsterdam and Society are my favorite pool rooms to play at.
Off to Vegas on Tuesday, but when I get back in a couple of weeks I will be cool to play some sets.
Trevor

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
you mean some fast sets LOL

Welcome to New York.

I barely gamble, but I would be up for some cheap sets. I play as an A on the Tri State as well.
Amsterdam and Society are my favorite pool rooms to play at.
Off to Vegas on Tuesday, but when I get back in a couple of weeks I will be cool to play some sets.
Trevor

LOL Trevor You mean some fast sets :)

Trevor is good people But he does play very fast ! Wish all my opponets played as fast as him :)

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
Corey?

Corey

Hey Corey :)

You said you played in The Tri-State Tour?

If so I don't see a Corey Listed as an (A) player there.

If so when is the last time you played on the TOUR?

nevermiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will give you some play too if you aren't already at max capacity. I like to play one pocket most, but will play rotation games too. I haven't been playing a lot lately, but when I do I stop down in Society primarily.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
You have better odds of getting $25/50 action at soho then Amsterdam. But tables at Amsterdam are better.

I'll play you some cheap sets if you like. I'm pretty bad.

I never had any issues stirring up $50 sets at Amsterdam, but at Soho it was a little harder to get anything going unless it was setup ahead of time or someone could steer ya.

Some of the tables at Soho are in pretty bad shape.