Solid Ebony cue case!

belvederebill1

Registered
Hi Guys,
I have been working on this case for the better part of a year. It took me 3 months just to find Ebony boards wide enough to make this pool cue case! I was asked to make this out of solid Ebony and Ivory with a real fur interior. Before you say anything, I know in the states Ivory is banned so I used a synthetic material that looks pretty close to the real thing but it does not like power tools. It gets soft when heated. Ended up being a real pain to work with. The interior is beaver from Madison Ave Furriers in New York. If you are getting the idea this costs a lot just for the materials your right!!
I finished this off with hand rubbed lacquer and chrome hardware. I almost forgot to mention around the fake Ivory I added a boarder of sterling silver wire.
I hope you like it because you'll never see another one like this!
This case is already sold.
image 9.jpeg

image 4.jpeg

image 5.jpeg

image 2.jpeg

image 7.jpeg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Very nice work. I can imagine the planning, materials and execution of this cue case. I hope you get paid for it what you are asking. This case is a form of artwork! Thanks for taking the time the to tell the story and post pics of your talent.

Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thats’s quite impressive. Walk into a poolroom with that, and the price of poker just went up!

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Hi Guys,
I have been working on this case for the better part of a year. It took me 3 months just to find Ebony boards wide enough to make this pool cue case! I was asked to make this out of solid Ebony and Ivory with a real fur interior. Before you say anything, I know in the states Ivory is banned so I used a synthetic material that looks pretty close to the real thing but it does not like power tools. It gets soft when heated. Ended up being a real pain to work with. The interior is beaver from Madison Ave Furriers in New York. If you are getting the idea this costs a lot just for the materials your right!!
I finished this off with hand rubbed lacquer and chrome hardware. I almost forgot to mention around the fake Ivory I added a boarder of sterling silver wire.
I hope you like it because you'll never see another one like this!
This case is already sold.

This embodies the term "craftsmanship".

Tap tap tap.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice case, will you be doing this again and would you mind saying what this case would cost a customer?

belvederebill1

Registered
Thank you all for the kind remarks and comments! Yes "WAF Custom Cue Cases" is my brand of solid wood cue cases. I have been making them for about 10 years now and this is by far the most expensive case I have ever made. I'm lucky that I have had customers who are letting me be artistic in my creations and not wanting to plan every last detail. Everyone that has asked me to build them a case has been blown away with what they receive. I do everything I can to go beyond their expectations. Sometimes that means I don't make as much but I want to give the buyers something they will cherish and hand down to the next generation. Are they practical? Not really, but they are beautiful. Most people don't buy exotic sports cars for everyday drivers and those that do buy them treat them a lot nicer then their daily cars. That's how I think of my cases. Elegant presentation cases but still totally functional to take out on the road with you.