Some Updates

Borden27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heidrich beat Zion Zvi in his next match he beat Lo Li Wen and faces Huidji See on Sunday.Those Heidrich Custom cues must hit great

kingman33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not updating this tournament is definitely doing some harm to the popularity of this event. Could it be that we are forced to buy a limited pay per view....This is a huge world tournament I am on the edge of my seat and am constantly left in the dark this sucks...

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know how Jasmin Ouschan did today?

They haven't annouced that on the stream. But the poster above mentions Heinrich against See, so she must have lost to See and will be playing in the loser bracket tonight at 8:30....

They don't like to update brackets much!

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heidrich beat Zion Zvi in his next match he beat Lo Li Wen and faces Huidji See on Sunday.Those Heidrich Custom cues must hit great

Dan was waaaaay fired up! He was so excited to beat Wen on the TV table and make it to Sunday.

Andy

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know Dan Heidrich won his first 2 matches in the final board

That double-elimination flow chart was for Saturday only. The final 8 on the winners' side and the final 8 on the one-loss side now form a 16-player, single-elimination chart for the rest of the way (Sunday and Monday).

So Johnny Archer and Dave Daya, who have won every game they have played so far, would be knocked out upon their first loss. It's like a whole new event starting Sunday; 16 players, all even.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
So Johnny Archer and Dave Daya, who have won every game they have played so far, would be knocked out upon their first loss. It's like a whole new event starting Sunday; 16 players, all even.

By comparison, Dave's first opponent today, Tom Walters, has 3 losses (2 in round robin and he's out of the 1-loss side). But if he wins, he moves on and Dave (who is undefeated to this point) goes home. That doesn't seem right.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
By comparison, Dave's first opponent today, Tom Walters, has 3 losses (2 in round robin and he's out of the 1-loss side). But if he wins, he moves on and Dave (who is undefeated to this point) goes home. That doesn't seem right.

SJM told me that Walters was quite a player back in the day, one time knocking Joe Balsis out of the world championship. Should be a nice exhibition of old style 14.1 between Daya and Walters.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
SJM told me that Walters was quite a player back in the day, one time knocking Joe Balsis out of the world championship. Should be a nice exhibition of old style 14.1 between Daya and Walters.

It should be a great exhibition of how the game should be played. But I think that in a longer race (200 points), Dave should come out on top. And don't put it past Dave to beat Mika (who would likely be his next opponent) after what he did to Thorsten.

I also didn't like Thorsten's comments about how he didn't like Dave's patterns or shot selections, etc.. It's Thorsten who plays the game differently, not Dave. Fact is, Thorsten got a good "old fashioned" ass-whoopin.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
If Tom is in today, then Jasmin must be out of the event.

Jasmin is out. She is not in the final 16 bracket. That sucks because she also went through the round robin undefeated, and even beat the defending champion, Stephan Cohen.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Jasmin is out. She is not in the final 16 bracket. That sucks because she also went through the round robin undefeated, and even beat the defending champion, Stephan Cohen.

... but then she went 2 and out.