Souqet 3 Slams Down 2 too go - Grand Slam???

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Wow, ok so the Masters is an invitational but some may still consider it one of the big events of the year. So far this year Ralph has won the DCC, BCA, and now Masters!

I did jokingly suggest he has a chance of winning the grand slam at the 14.1 event a couple of weeks ago. He laughed when I said only the US Open and WPC to go! :eek:

He's sure capable of winning the US Open again, wouldn't that be an amzing feat and set up an amazing WPC at the end of the year.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
TheOne said:
He's sure capable of winning the US Open again, wouldn't that be an amzing feat and set up an amazing WPC at the end of the year.

TheVerySmallInteger,
Yes, he probably will win; but think how sad he's going to be when the devil comes to collect on their bargain. I think the IPT will ban pacts with the devil to promote a sense of fairness (the WPBA obviously has no such ban).

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
TheVerySmallInteger,
Yes, he probably will win; but think how sad he's going to be when the devil comes to collect on their bargain. I think the IPT will ban pacts with the devil to promote a sense of fairness (the WPBA obviously has no such ban).

WillieChokeAgain,
He sure isn't playing fair! PS I'm still waiting on your new high run, this is your chance to share it, sat here ready and able to add it to the list, just need the details?

:rolleyes:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
TheOne said:
WillieChokeAgain,
He sure isn't playing fair! PS I'm still waiting on your new high run, this is your chance to share it, sat here ready and able to add it to the list, just need the details?

:rolleyes:

TheExtremelySmallNumber,
Thanks for your dedication in minding the list; but perhaps you can take a little break from your duties. I've not made any attempts on the number (actually have never done so; just occasionally keep track in competition).

As straight pool season doesn't start until October; I doubt I'll have any new "records" until then at the earliest. I do have a weekly game with a pro; but I spend a signicant portion of the matches racking. I'm basically in "woodshed" mode, practicing every day; just on my stroke.

I've been inspired by L. Gay's philosophy of developing a sound, consistent stroke. Also inspired by that guy Craig Riley (I think he's from France or somewhere) who performed so admirably in the World 14.1 tournament. I think shotmaking ability is a great thing to have (I just need to know where I can order it...or maybe bid for some on e-bay).

Last edited:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally figured out why Ralf always beats Efren. His pool cue contains Kryptonite inlays! He's also bald, so he might be related to Lex Luthor...or maybe he IS Lex Luthor!

Seriously though, Souquet is having one heck of a year. Good for him.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Efren is the best all-around player in the world. Thorsten is the most talented player in the world. Ralf is the most complete and most disciplined player in the world. Just one man's opinion.

2006 has done nothing to change my opinion of Souquet. I began the year considering him one of the best players of all time, and I still believe it to be true.

The World Pool Masters is not even close to a major, however. Far too many of the elite absent. I would not even rate it as one of the year's ten most important events. Still, hell of a win by one of the game's all time greatest.

A year ago, I felt that the BCA Hall of Fame lacked credibility with me because Earl Strickland was not an inducted member. I'm starting to have the same thoughts about Ralf Souquet.

Renegade

Consume Mass Quantities!
Silver Member
I'll bet Ralf will be inducted sometime soon. I mean, who else is there?

Leil gay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's also a gentleman with a ton of class, a person young players everywhere can emulate!

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
I will hafta say that if Souquet, could win the WPC and US open, too damn!!!!!! expecially in the same year, thats basically a lock for Player of the Year, and would make him a lock for the hall of fame too.

Considering the talent pool that the Pro's hafta deal with at every tournament, anyone can win. And being able to win multiple majors in one year is unbelieve-able! And look at how he took care or Alex and Wu, thats a tough feat doing that back to back.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
sjm said:
Efren is the best all-around player in the world. Thorsten is the most talented player in the world.

i find that to be an odd statement, sjm. are you makin' a niclaus-best/weiskoff-talented kind of observation? imo, i see filipinos as natively talented, and germans as very structured in general.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
I would have to agree sjm that its not one of the grand slam events, like the BCA Open its a limited field invitational event based on performance, albeit a smaller field.

Still to beat Efren, Majid, Wu, and Alex is something to be proud of, his 5th masters too no less!

I have to disagree about hohman though, I have very really seen he make spectacular shots, I see him more like a young ralph, in true German fashion very methodical and almost robot like. I think the sheer volume of hours he has practised in recent years, expecially during his time in the army and his young age puts him right up there. However I suspect if you compared hohman of today with Efren at a similar age when he says he was his best it would be declared a no contest. That being said, he has two world titles already so only time will tell.