Southwest 10 ball tour

cwilmeth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm starting up a 10 ball tour in ok and tx. Hopefully gets bigger but gonna start small for now. Any pointers to make sure it's successful?
 
10 ball tour

Thanks for the interest. I live in Lawton and am gonna try to kick it off at red river casino. Looking around end of august.
 
I didn't realize that they had pool tables at the casino!....SPF=randyg


Most casinos do not have pool tables. Example: Riviera last 2weeks: special event brings em in.
In Arizona we have our end of year tournament finale at a casino. They have to bring all the tables in for that also.

If this is a new tour, which it sounds like, you will have to sell them on the idea that it will bring money to their casino. They will want to know how many players will be showing up, yada yada yada.
Good luck, it sounds like a good idea.:thumbup:
 
Keep us posted. I'd love to play more events in Oklahoma. right now, all we have is the Midwest 9 ball tour. Great tour, but just not enough in this area.

Many of Oklahoma's Indian Casinos have pool tables. One in Grove OK comes to mind. didn't care much for the purple cloth, but it's another one you might check into.

Bob
 
Last edited:
Well that casino was first place that come to mind with big enough area to bring tables in. My wife is marketing mgr but, they are filling that area with machines. I'm gonna check with Jamaica joes and try and kick it off there
 
Thanks for the interest. I live in Lawton and am gonna try to kick it off at red river casino. Looking around end of august.

Not knowing what kind of players you are wanting to draw but it would be a good idea to check other event dates so yours does not fall on like dates.

The Joss Tour final is at the Turning Stone Casino august 19-22.
Its in the northeast but draws a world class field.
 
Well that weekend is just a tenative start date. I know Texas open is 1st weekend of September. So I'm stearing clear of that date also. I've heard fast eddies tour is slowing down since they no longer have an auction.
Do most tours charge a membership fee? I know midwest 9 ball does not but wasn't sure about other ones
 
Well that weekend is just a tenative start date. I know Texas open is 1st weekend of September. So I'm stearing clear of that date also. I've heard fast eddies tour is slowing down since they no longer have an auction.
Do most tours charge a membership fee? I know midwest 9 ball does not but wasn't sure about other ones

I don't know what you mean by "slowing down" but the Fast Eddie's Tour has 9 more stops for the rest of the year. http://www.fasteddiestour.com/

It will be tough scheduling events with the Fast Eddies Tour, OB Cues Ladies Tour, and the LoneStar Tour all in the area, plus big events, but I wish you luck with the new tour. A 10ball tour sounds interesting!

Every tour is different - some charge a membership fee and others don't. Good luck!
 
Back
Top