Southwest contact

Three.Two.N.D.

Pogi_One
Silver Member
hello all,

Tried to search forum for Southwest cues contact but got too many hits. Was wondering how to get on list for Southwest? I know its a long wait but figured easy to save money if i have to wait 10 years and it will make a good 40th bday present. HAHA. Thanks in advance for the help.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are not very efficient as a business. I don't think it is a one person shop either.

Only in the pool world where this would be called demand.

They are incredibly efficient as a shop. You get on the list and you will someday get a cue when your name come up. They give you a phone call when it is ready, (at least they did for me) and the cue is sent over night delivery.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 years c'om on man I could be pushing daisy's by then

The interesting thing about them is, they respect with the original price even though the cue is probably worth more at the time of delivery then it was at the time of the order.
I know one cue maker (Spoken about on here often) who has a lot of orders that will never be sent for this exact reason.

He is not sending a cue he originally quoted say $2200.00 when the cue on the open market is now bringing 4 or 5 thousand. He actually had the nerve to tell me such. Mean time, people sit waiting for cues they are never going to get no matter what. That will not happen with SW. You will get your cue, if you live long enough and for the price quoted.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
10 years c'om on man I could be pushing daisy's by then

Hi Paul,
Sometimes a "spot" in line comes up and you can buy it for $500.00-$600.00 and get one that is coming up in a few months.Of course it depends on someone's budget,and how badly they want a SW.I know a guy in north Florida that just received his, and he waited 9 years for it.Have a great weekend buddy.Nice avatar too ;)
Marc

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
They are not very efficient as a business. I don't think it is a one person shop either.

^^^^^ This guy is an expert on,selling cues,how to run a pool room and of course now,cue production.If South West Cues wasn't doing something really right,there wouldn't be a 9-10 year wait.If you want efficient,get a cheap production cue,where they pop them out by the dozen.Great cues aren't made in a day.And if you don't have anything positive to say about anything,why say anything at all? The worst,negative attitude that I have ever seen on here,geez.

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

Here is Laurie's number at the SW cue shop. 702-870-9615

Why don't you call her up and explain to her what they're doing wrong?
:thumbup:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are incredibly efficient as a shop. You get on the list and you will someday get a cue when your name come up. They give you a phone call when it is ready, (at least they did for me) and the cue is sent over night delivery.

Yeah, I was going to say something similar but rather snarky, I'm afraid. My two were four months and three and a half years, respectively. They are damn efficient, in my opinion. Curing and aging the wood is something few people understand and part of the wait is due to their popularity. If you don't want to wait, go elsewhere.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Marc I just think it's a long wait for a cue I mean at my age can't afford to wait that long

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Hi Marc I just think it's a long wait for a cue I mean at my age can't afford to wait that long

I know Paul,me too.I have a Searing on order,and I hope that I can still play when it's ready :smile: Have a great day buddy.
Marc

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
hello all,

Tried to search forum for Southwest cues contact but got too many hits. Was wondering how to get on list for Southwest? I know its a long wait but figured easy to save money if i have to wait 10 years and it will make a good 40th bday present. HAHA. Thanks in advance for the help.

It's easy for me to say this today, but if I had to do it all over again, buying one from IndyQ might be a better choice.

Freddie <~~~ not waiting

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The interesting thing about them is, they respect with the original price even though the cue is probably worth more at the time of delivery then it was at the time of the order.
I know one cue maker (Spoken about on here often) who has a lot of orders that will never be sent for this exact reason.

He is not sending a cue he originally quoted say $2200.00 when the cue on the open market is now bringing 4 or 5 thousand. He actually had the nerve to tell me such. Mean time, people sit waiting for cues they are never going to get no matter what. That will not happen with SW. You will get your cue, if you live long enough and for the price quoted.

Show me all the SW's bringing more than double the quoted price and then we can talk. Do they even sell for a $dollar more than quoted price aftermarket?
Maybe said Cuemaker has a lot of R&D and equipment upgrades that make it impossible to sell at quoted price, maybe Cuemaker wants actual players to keep the cue and not flip it.
How would you feel if you spent all that time perfecting something only to have some "flipper" making a greater profit than the Cuemaker who actually spent thousands of hours and Dollars in R&D and equipment upgrades?
It's easy to keep selling at a price quoted years ago if you change nothing.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show me all the SW's bringing more than double the quoted price and then we can talk. Do they even sell for a $dollar more than quoted price aftermarket?
Maybe said Cuemaker has a lot of R&D and equipment upgrades that make it impossible to sell at quoted price, maybe Cuemaker wants actual players to keep the cue and not flip it.
How would you feel if you spent all that time perfecting something only to have some "flipper" making a greater profit than the Cuemaker who actually spent thousands of hours and Dollars in R&D and equipment upgrades?
It's easy to keep selling at a price quoted years ago if you change nothing.

Probably any SW delivered today that was ordered like 7 or 8 years ago. Are you saying SW is quoting the same prices today as 8 years ago for the same cues? I got one that was $460.00 when I ordered it and sold it at the BCA show for $2000.00. I am sure it has still gone up in value even more.

My wife had one she played with for about 5 years. She paid like $700.00 for it used. We sold it at the BCA show when she didn't want it any more for $1700.00. And again, this was some years ago and I am sure it would sell for even more today. The after market price has little to do with the actual value of the cue. If someone does not want to wait it is just a willing seller and a willing buyer.

Mine by the way was a one of a kind cue. It had the 6 ebony points but no veneers and the forearm was straight clear maple no BE. It is probably the only one with no BE or figure in the forearm. I never liked BE and had a number of cues made without it over the years.

Let me get this straight. You think it is OK for a cuemaker to take an order, have you wait like 5 years and when the cue is ready, tell you you can't have the cue because he got a better offer for it? You have to get into a bidding war to own your own cue. You don't feel that that order represents a contract they have to adhere to? Are you nuts?

dom_poppa

Banned

Who is this cue maker you speak of?

I think it is ok to tell the members here. This is no different than a cue maker ripping others off.

Not honoring original price is bad for business.