Spanish to english help

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guys I’m not looking to argue with anyone
This should be an easy post to answer if there were enough Latin Hispanic players who came here that were willing to answer

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am disappointed with the results of this thread so far but I appreciate everyone’s willingness to help

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry, the last time you asked about cabaña you got what seems to me a reasonable answer. Did you find it unsatisfactory?

Also, when trying to figure out the meaning of a foreign word, it helps greatly to see it in context. What does the English word "set" mean? Maybe you could scan a few pages on which the words you are puzzled by appear and post those here.

BTW, it's really easy to include proper accents as in cabaña in words. Just search on the unaccented form, "cabana" and find a hit with the accent and then cut and paste it. In Windows there is also the character map tool which allows you to find and insert great, steaming piles of amazing characters, such as ŁÆЯṜƴ.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry, the last time you asked about cabaña you got what seems to me a reasonable answer. Did you find it unsatisfactory?

Also, when trying to figure out the meaning of a foreign word, it helps greatly to see it in context. What does the English word "set" mean? Maybe you could scan a few pages on which the words you are puzzled by appear and post those here.

BTW, it's really easy to include proper accents as in cabaña in words. Just search on the unaccented form, "cabana" and find a hit with the accent and then cut and paste it. In Windows there is also the character map tool which allows you to find and insert great, steaming piles of amazing characters, such as ŁÆЯṜƴ.
bob
i appreciate your help and advice
but rather than cut and paste snippets from billiard books
there are thousands if not tens of thousands of spanish speaking carom players who have a reasonable facilitation with english or are perfectly bi lingual
its amazing that not one of them frequents this site or is willing to post
says alot about this forum to me
no offense intended
for what its worth over 300 views so far

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuba Libre. Has literally NOTHING to do with billiards but its a good way to unwind after playing it badly. ;)

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In college I was a 151 rum and Coke kind a guy
Let me clarify and say Coca-Cola😎
You know
let’s get to the bottom line and just get buzzed 😂😂

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bob
i appreciate your help and advice
but rather than cut and paste snippets from billiard books
there are thousands if not tens of thousands of spanish speaking carom players who have a reasonable facilitation with english or are perfectly bi lingual
its amazing that not one of them frequents this site or is willing to post
says alot about this forum to me
no offense intended
for what its worth over 300 views so far
Having played numerous times in Spain with both Spanish players and Latinos living there, I can confirm that the names, type of games played and rules are different from one Spanish speaking country to another and even between different regions of the same country. There is a lot of pool slang and there are no universal meanings.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Having played numerous times in Spain with both Spanish players and Latinos living there, I can confirm that the names, type of games played and rules are different from one Spanish speaking country to another and even between different regions of the same country. There is a lot of pool slang and there are no universal meanings.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply