Sport Wraps

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I realize most people hate these things but is there anywhere to buy a wrap similar to what you would find on a predator sport cue?

The "sleeve" wraps like longoni are not the same.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a specific reason you want a sport wrap? I suggest going with leather. It gives a good non slip grip, is widely customizable, and lasts practically forever if properly taken care of.

Lizard, Boa, shark, stingray... these are but a few options other then cow that are very durable and just friggin cool looking

If you are set on a sport wrap, the best place to find out is in the "ask the cuenaker" section.

Zerksies

I bought a BK Rush with the sport wrap and hate it. It's not a natural feel to it. I had to buy another Rush without one.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Two-sided tape.
But seriously, if you need that sort of tackiness on a playing cue, you're doing it wrong. About the last thing a good stroke needs is a "fixed" grip imo.
But to each his own. I recommend leather for you btw.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Two-sided tape.
But seriously, if you need that sort of tackiness on a playing cue, you're doing it wrong. About the last thing a good stroke needs is a "fixed" grip imo.
But to each his own. I recommend leather for you btw.
here we go again, not one person is saying the gd wrap will make them shoot better,

he likes it, thats all that matters

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
he likes it, thats all that matters
Love this statement, it's very true for casuals who have no intention improving their game.
Pros don't use sport-wrapped playing cues for a reason: Your grip hand/fingers have to be able to "slip" a bit when you're fine-tuning (sliding into position) before your shot, and, "give" a little during the stroke (otherwise even the slightest hand twist will be magnified, causing problems).
Thus, if he has no intention of improving to a high level, sport wrap is a great wrap choice lol.
He just shouldn't complain/wonder why he is still an "APA" 4 ten years from now...

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Love this statement, it's very true for casuals who have no intention improving their game.
Pros don't use sport-wrapped playing cues for a reason: Your grip hand/fingers have to be able to "slip" a bit when you're fine-tuning (sliding into position) before your shot, and, "give" a little during the stroke (otherwise even the slightest hand twist will be magnified, causing problems).
Thus, if he has no intention of improving to a high level, sport wrap is a great wrap choice lol.
He just shouldn't complain/wonder why he is still an "APA" 4 ten years from now...
I love the spec guys that want to control every bit of the cue as if they'd be able to make a z draw with the specd out cue with a ivory joint that's.842 and couldn't possibly do the shot with a phenolic join that's.846

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
I love the spec guys that want to control every bit of the cue as if they'd be able to make a z draw with the specd out cue with a ivory joint that's.842 and couldn't possibly do the shot with a phenolic join that's.846
Lol, yah there are definitely guys like you giving others advice lol.
I can grab a house cue off the wall and beat the snot outta 99% of players in America. But I'm even better with a quality cue.
I play at a shortstop level. Been playing 39 years. Also instruct/mentor many of the young studs in my area. Wtf do I know?
But hey, I'm a big fan of lower players who don't wanna improve their game-- less competition at the top:cool:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Lol, yah there are definitely guys like you giving others advice lol.
I can grab a house cue off the wall and beat the snot outta 99% of players in America. But I'm even better with a quality cue.
I play at a shortstop level. Been playing 39 years. Also instruct/mentor many of the young studs in my area. Wtf do I know?
But hey, I'm a big fan of lower players who don't wanna improve their game-- less competition at the top:cool:
Yup everyone's a local badass!

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
One thing to consider before you go the sport wrap route: Sport wraps stick in the tubes of some cases and you will need a nylon sleeve so it won't catch on the tube's fabric.
I got one of those , Barton sells them, work like a charm. I just don't blame a loss due to the type of wrap the cue had though, not my gig

TrxR

I got one of those , Barton sells them, work like a charm. I just don't blame a loss due to the type of wrap the cue had though, not my gig
My JB case came with the sleeve and my BKrush I just won came with one even though it's wrappless.

I think wraps are a personal preference. I like no wrap but also like linen wraps. Don't care for the rubber sports wraps and haven't tried leather or lizard skin yet.

Pool Hand Luke

I've used overgrips made for tennis rackets. They feel nice when new but eventually have to be changed because they get dirty and the tackiness wears off. I do agree they stick to the inside of the case which is annoying.