square butt custom cue

Tommy gee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i love this cue. it was made by mitchell thomas custom cues.

Attachments

• S7300726.jpg
    S7300726.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 508
  • mt1.jpg
    mt1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 508

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Nice looking square cue>>:grin-square:

The good thing about a square cue is that it wont roll off the counter when you set it down in the kitchen.

Here are a few problems with square cues:

• Push-on extensions will only work if the I.D. of the extension allows for a square peg into a round hole
  • Tube cases will only work if the I.D. of the tubes allow for a square peg into a round hole
  • Tougher to polish the butt end when spinning in my repair lathe
  • It would be harder to say for sure if the butt rolls perfectly straight together or apart

Tommy gee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mitchell thomas cues

lol it shoots great. when you pull it out of your case every one wants to look at it. i think cues are a work of art and like art i dont want the same art as everyone. i like when someone comes up to me and is like wow can i see that..lol

Tommy gee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mitchell thomas cues

just the lower part of the butt is square not the whole thing. but a square shaft i dont know if i could shoot with that.lol

Tommy gee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great cue maker

its round where the wrap would be its only square at the lower part of the butt. i have used the cue just to see how it played and the only way you cant tell its square is if you grab the far lower part. mitchell love to make cues that one of a kind.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is or was a guy in Canada who made all his cues like that. They all fit in a regular case. Thomas cues had a big fan on here a few years ago, not sure what happened to him,he was a big fan though, maybe a little too big.

Tommy gee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mitchell thomas cues

hes just a good friend that does good work. i love helping good people out and i shoot with one of his cues. im a big fan of joss and huebler cues so i do have good taste in cues..lol