Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Need accurate pocket dimensions in order to replicate the table, right? This IS the official 14.1 high run table now, isn't it?
Might be nice, but since there's no real governing body or anything regulating the equipment used I don't think it will matter. That table was loose as a goose, but not horribly so unless you consider the trend towards tight tables in the last decade or two. Schmidt got his high run on loose pockets, because Mosconi did too. I think These guys were just following suit. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt compliments Jayson and the 714 on Facebook's Straight Pool Fanatics. ~ Arnaldo
1642681801930.png

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good post.

I haven't really been following the record attempts and the organization of it, but are there more players still yet to try it? How many and how much longer will that run?

I ask because wouldnt it be wise to wait and see if anyone beats the 714 and then that would be what is marketed?

Like I said in a previous post, I'd love to get a collection of all the players high runs. Would be willing to pay for them in a digital collection.

Can't say at this point exactly what will happen.

At last report there were a number of players that still wanted a swing, though I don't know how enthused they're going to be now that the goal posts have been moved waaaaaay down the field.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about all the other players that were lined up?

Well, the truth of the matter is that with the DCC about to start we didn't have another player immediately lined up, though a number of players expressed an interest to try post-DCC -- we'll see.

Right now the focus is getting Jayson's run certified then we'll look at what will happen next. Certainly we'd like some of the top women to go and set an official women's 14.1 high run record and we're looking at a number of other options. I promise: there is still more great 14.1 to come.

Lou Figueroa

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Shaw said on the facespace he was coming back to tryto beat his own record. This thing is far from over.

Hell, I don't even 14.1, but now have my own personal high run of 21, up from 19 on my handful of attempts over the lastfew weeks. Not that I'm going to take up straight pool just that I have a new found respect and appreciation for it.

And to the guy that pretty much said he didn't even like Shaw but likes him a bit more now, I am in that same boat and I know exactly what you were saying and I liked that lol

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt compliments Jayson and the 714 on Facebook's Straight Pool Fanatics. ~ ArnaldoView attachment 625400
“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Arnaldo, I mean to complement you on your signature block every time I see it. I can't remember if I ever have. Doesn't matter what you area of competition is, if you cut corners when nobody was watching you will indeed get exposed under the bright light of competition. I also like the saying from the guys that run things with hunting hounds. "When the tailgate drops the BS stops!"

Can't say at this point exactly what will happen.

At last report there were a number of players that still wanted a swing, though I don't know how enthused they're going to be now that the goal posts have been moved waaaaaay down the field.

Lou Figueroa

Lou,

I think the goal posts haven't been moved down field, more like across town! However, I hope that others do take a shot at the record. I think a 714 is safe but with more attempts we would see how safe it is or possibly how special the players of today are. With a 714 posted somebody will have to top six hundred to be considered an elite straight pool player I guess now!

It would be nice if a few women want to post scores too. I don't know of any official lady's record now so perhaps it is guaranteed one of them will be crowned the world record holder, a nice title for any lady!

Hu

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Need accurate pocket dimensions in order to replicate the table, right? This IS the official 14.1 high run table now, isn't it?
Mosconi did his run on a table with bucket pockets, John did his on a table with bucket pockets and now Jayson did his
on a table with bucket pockets which is how it should have been. So go fix some tables and get off the pocket dimensions.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The pockets are fine. Chinese 8 ball table tight even. They were half the size of a Pyramid pocket and thrice as deep. Tunnels baby.

What I’m saying is: More pooooool bro more pool!

I’ve got the new record being set in under 3 months, same locale - possibly even the same player. We shall see. I’ll be waiting impatiently

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the truth of the matter is that with the DCC about to start we didn't have another player immediately lined up, though a number of players expressed an interest to try post-DCC -- we'll see.

Right now the focus is getting Jayson's run certified then we'll look at what will happen next. Certainly we'd like some of the top women to go and set an official women's 14.1 high run record and we're looking at a number of other options. I promise: there is still more great 14.1 to come.

Lou Figueroa
How about starting new records? High runs in the open category and high runs by age groups. Personally, I'd like to see some old timers play some more while they're still around.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I feel that pros are going to be motivated to continue attempts until someone hits 1000. As for Jayson, he's been my favorite player for years now, so very happy for him.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stated earlier that i think he'd run a 1000 on this table. IMO he's the best 14.1 guy in the world right now.
Him and Jason are pretty similar in a lot of ways. The more Jason played though, the smarter he played. You can tell he wanted that record. I suspect Filler would be the same. I heard that kid is obsessively competitive. Plus he has the advantage of stubborn youth on his side.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stated earlier that i think he'd run a 1000 on this table. IMO he's the best 14.1 guy in the world right now.
Orcullo promised 1000. I think Filler just might. I love the tenacity in these guys. I've always been short in that department.