Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was posted on our FB page but I also wanted it posted it here:

We would like to take a moment to thank all of our viewers that tuned in over the last few months to witness some historic 14.1 high runs.

We also want to thank the players that participated in our event for putting on such an exciting display of talent, skill,
and determination. To SVB, Ruslan, Earl, and Jayson, we greatly appreciate your time with us at Streetlight Academy. We know our viewers feel the same.

In regards to the video footage: we have a perfect, unedited, original high-definition recording that is secure and ready for the BCA to validate and certify -- this is our first objective. Once that task is complete, we will look at the best options to showcase this world record breaking run to the world. Our primary goal is to ensure this footage is showcased properly in a manner that will not only help the billiards industry grow in a positive way but to also create interest to outside viewership. We also want to be ensure Jayson is recognized and rewarded for his great achievement, as he should be.

With that said, we can assure our viewers the video footage will be available to the world but please be patient as this process takes time.

Bobby Chamberlain
Promoter of The Legends of Pocket Billiards

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We would like to take a moment to thank all of our viewers that tuned in over the last few months to witness some historic 14.1 high runs.

We also want to thank the players that participated in our event for putting on such an exciting display of talent, skill,
and determination. To SVB, Ruslan, Earl, and Jayson, we greatly appreciate your time with us at Streetlight Academy. We know our viewers feel the same.

In regards to the video footage: we have a perfect, unedited, original high-definition recording that is secure and ready for the BCA to validate and certify -- this is our first objective. Once that task is complete, we will look at the best options to showcase this world record breaking run to the world. Our primary goal is to ensure this footage is showcased properly in a manner that will not only help the billiards industry grow in a positive way but to also create interest to outside viewership. We also want to be ensure Jayson is recognized and rewarded for his great achievement, as he should be.

With that said, we can assure our viewers the video footage will be available to the world but please be patient as this process takes time.

Bobby Chamberlain

Lou Figueroa
To both Bobby and Lou:

A totally professionally staged and communicated-about event, so far. And going forward I'm certain.
You both deserve all the pride, pleasure, and great satisfaction you've earned via your and team-Bobby's hard work and thorough attention to all the myriad details.

Enjoy all the positive feedback (and pool-benefitting) attention that will be pouring in from all quarters and like minded people in coming days.

Arnaldo ~ Great admiration for this contribution to our beloved sport.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
This was a great event guys.

Will others continue to try to break Jayson record now? Or is there going to be some kind of cooling off period (e.g., if Jayson has been paid and there are no more prize funds)?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To both Bobby and Lou:

A totally professionally staged and communicated-about event, so far. And going forward I'm certain.
You both deserve all the pride, pleasure, and great satisfaction you've earned via you and team-Bobby's hard work and thorough attention to all the myriad details.

Enjoy all the positive feedback (and pool-benefitting) attention that will be pouring in from all quarters and like minded people in coming days.

Arnaldo ~ Great admiration for this contribution to our beloved sport.

Thank you, Arnaldo -- it's been grand.

And, in a lengthy conversation with Booby this afternoon, I *literally* got chills when he told me his plans for the immediate future. There is a reason this man is so successful in life. He told me what was next and he has thought about details I would never have come up with.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a great event guys.

Will others continue to try to break Jayson record now? Or is there going to be some kind of cooling off period (e.g., if Jayson has been paid and there are no more prize funds)?

Much is in flux at this point.

The primary objective now is to certify the run, then we'll look at the future. But Bobby has said he wants a 14.1 event to go on for a long time. What that looks like is not knowable at this time. Who knew a player would bust the record so soon?! So right now it is all about Jayson and his accomplishment. No one should want to take anything away from that.

Lou Figueroa

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Good post.

I haven't really been following the record attempts and the organization of it, but are there more players still yet to try it? How many and how much longer will that run?

I ask because wouldnt it be wise to wait and see if anyone beats the 714 and then that would be what is marketed?

Like I said in a previous post, I'd love to get a collection of all the players high runs. Would be willing to pay for them in a digital collection.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Bobby Chamberlain

Lou Figueroa
Congratulations on setting up a format to beat scmidt’s record
congratulations to jayson
tremendous acheivement
like someone said
even if making the ball was easy
playing the patterns to the break ball
was not

docgpmiller

Great Post Lou and Bobby and the Team for putting this together and going through the priorities as required to make sure this isn't ending up in a controversial outcome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much is in flux at this point.

The primary objective now is to certify the run, then we'll look at the future. But Bobby has said he wants a 14.1 event to go on for a long time. What that looks like is not knowable at this time. Who knew a player would bust the record so soon?! So right now it is all about Jayson and his accomplishment. No one should want to take anything away from that.

Lou Figueroa

As a 65 year old lifetime lover of 14.1 who first started playing this game after my parents bought us a Blatt 9-foot commercial table from a closed down pool hall and around that same time witnessing a Mizerak vs Lassiter 14.1 exhibition match in Trenton, NJ, thanks to everyone involved in making this event happen.

And if I can find a way to overlook some of Jayson’s overzealous outbursts I’ve witnessed at some events, particularly the Mosconi Cup, after bearing witness to the heart, the determination and the continued passion to refuse to give up, particularly in his final marathon session, I now have a new favorite professional player to pull for (except in the Mosconi Cup) - Congratulations Jayson!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Bobby and Lou:

Take a deep bow on a job well done. You gave the most elite players a platform to demonstrate their very special skills and they have taken full advantage of the opportunity.

Offering a free live stream day after day and participant after participant was an act of both service and kindness to pool enthusiasts everywhere.

As you suggest, patience is called for here as the certification process is completed.

Wishing you continued success as you strive to present great straight pool in a positive light.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event wasn't to break Schmidt's record yet as soon as it was done the event is over now? What a joke!
Where does he say the event is over? In fact Lou and Bobby suggest that more is coming.

"The primary objective now is to certify the run, then we'll look at the future. But Bobby has said he wants a 14.1 event to go on for a long time. What that looks like is not knowable at this time."

nicksaint26

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where does he say the event is over? In fact Lou and Bobby suggest that more is coming.

"The primary objective now is to certify the run, then we'll look at the future. But Bobby has said he wants a 14.1 event to go on for a long time. What that looks like is not knowable at this time."
What about all the other players that were lined up?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

I would hope it's not over yet. The real record has yet to be broken. I do think that records are meant to be broken, and if someone breaks Cranfield's run of 768, I'll be fine with it, as it would put an end to who really has the highest run. Even today, guys argue based on personal dislikes for each other, doubtable documentation, or table dimensions, rather than what the guy actually ran. It's a great time for pool, hope it continues.

But, I hope the nutjobs that bash a high run because they personally despise a player will be put to rest.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Give them a break! The time and money invested here are not infinite resources!
I hope the recovery is swift and those that still wish to chase the record with them are able to do so. But to cry about Legends of Pocket Billiards not immediately resuming is silly. Nothing is stopping anyone else from doing the same. Maybe instead of pissing a moaning, people should go ahead and organize an effort themselves. :ROFLMAO:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Give them a break! The time and money invested here are not infinite resources!
I hope the recovery is swift and those that still wish to chase the record with them are able to do so. But to cry about Legends of Pocket Billiards not immediately resuming is silly. Nothing is stopping anyone else from doing the same. Maybe instead of pissing a moaning, people should go ahead and organize an effort themselves. :ROFLMAO:
Need accurate pocket dimensions in order to replicate the table, right? This IS the official 14.1 high run table now, isn't it?